Ordering a gun online...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    How EXACTLY does this take place? I understand an FFL is needed, but not having one, I know I have to use a local shop.

Do they place the order and I pick it up from them, or do they have it shipped to me? Etc, etc. Thanks in advance.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    You buy the gun and have your FFL send them a copy of their FFL license (fax is quickest way). The seller then mails the firearm to your FFL (local shop), and they call you when it comes in. You fill out the paperwork, pay the fee and take your new toy home.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    its real easy,,,find a ffl dealer in your area,find the gun you want online order it pay for it,then go to your ffl dealer have them fax over a copy of their ffl to the online store you buy it from,they will send the gun to your ffl dealer,youll do your paper work their, and pay the 15 or so they charge for processing the paper work.grab ya gun and go home ,,no fuss no muss

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    if you only knew how long i got sucked into reading that stuff....scary what people try and make you believe

graymo2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    New Orleans/ Baton Rouge
    Galleryofguns.com is a great website. I've used it twice with no problems. You pick you gun, where you want to pick it up, and pay a small percentage online. They mail it to the FFL, and you go pick it up and pay the rest there. They have really good prices too.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Galleryofguns.com is a great website. I've used it twice with no problems. You pick you gun, where you want to pick it up, and pay a small percentage online. They mail it to the FFL, and you go pick it up and pay the rest there. They have really good prices too.

Davidsons also has a lifetime warranty on every gun they sell.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Make sure that the dealer that receives the firearm for you has quoted a firm price for receiving it and completing the sales paperwork. A year ago I asked a local dealer to receive an AR15 lower receiver for me and was quoted a price of $20. I went ahead and ordered, the receiver came in and I picked it up - no problems. Last month I again asked if he would handle a receiver sale and he said yes. I ordered and paid the manufacturer by credit card but when I went to pick the receiver up, the dealer said his price had gone up to $50. Not much I could do since I hadn't verified the price before ordering, and he was effectively holding my paid-for receiver ($145 for the lower receiver and parts) for ransom until I paid his fee. Never again, and I'll continue telling all my friends of his underhanded tactics. BTW, I was a FFL licensee for about 20 years and my normal fee was in the $10 to $15 range.

Top Bottom