Organizing your gear

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    When it gets near the end of hunting season I always find that I have filled my truck up with all of my hunting gear and it gets to be hard to find what I need. It's also a pain in the ass when I need the space for people to ride. The picture below shows all the stuff I had in there and had to move out yesterday for people to ride. I think most people find themselves in the same predicament but for the organized ones what do you do?

quvyhyvy.jpg

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I don't hunt, but I do plenty of things that give me the same issues. I take my stuff out of the truck when I'm not using it and put items that are for the same purpose in a tub. This way I can just remove and replace the tub.

mtalbert

Deer Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Monroe
    Yeah my 4 door truck becomes a 1 seater during the season. I tried totes or tubs but it just added to the mess

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Just the nature of the beast during Hunting Season.
    I got several boxes of shells, lead/steel, empty boxes and multiple guns and cases,
    and Shell bags and Insulated coveralls, a Heavy Coat, knee boots/chest waders, hip waders.....Dog Kennel, Dog Hunting Blind!

I'm always hunting somewhere different from Marsh to Rice Fields so gotta be prepared.

I clean everything after Duck Season. Put it in those -Wal-Mart Vacuum seal bags-,
    and keep it in a double door 6' Wall locker in the temp. controlled shed until Fall.

Turkey hunting gear is separate.

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    I don't hunt (simply lack a place to, otherwise I would) but a decent shooting outing will fill my truck. It's only a two seater single cab Ranger, but still. That's barely enough room for a range back and a long gun!

How do the other folks with single cab small trucks or a little sports car organize?

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Yea I hunt all over also so gotta have different jacket, bibs, and other stuff to go with the terrain. Also for the earlier poster who said I had too many hats, well one is my sons and the other two are mine. One orange one for deer hunting and rabbits and one regular to wear whenever. Seems reasonable to me but hey thats me. From all of the other answers it seems like we are pretty much all in the same boat. I'm thinking about the small tool box idea but am not sold on it yet.

Top Bottom