Original Springfield Garands at Cabelas **Link added

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Today I viewed six very nice garands is the display room at Cabelas Baton Rouge starting at $995.00 if any one is in the market and a very nice Saiga 7.62x39 for around $700.00

Was it modded? These are still around for 399.99 all day long.

I would love to have one of those garands. I might have to make another trip out there to check them out.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I was talking about the Saigas. I bolded the part where you were talking about the 7.62x39 Saiga.

I would own several Garands for 399 ;)

Get out your WAY back machine... I picked up a couple for less... guess it was before 2004...

CMP is the way to go DO NOT buy 'new production' springfields...

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    What's the quality like on the Service Grade rifles you have gotten from CMP?

Mine have been very nice.

yswv74a28tq2ngkb7kp.jpg

ahnmd3kq6sm4pjyp89yb.jpg

ir8xspsdo0szt15um4jt.jpg

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    What's the quality like on the Service Grade rifles you have gotten from CMP?

I was at a CMP Garand Clinic and one guy there had a SA Service Grade that was unissued.

Another guy his Service Grade was very close to unissued as well.

When I get mine I will post pictures. Right now guys that placed orders with CMP on 1/27 are still waiting for thiers. They received my order on 2/23.

Last edited:

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    What's worng with the new SA's

New SA, Inc. M1s are built on aftermarket cast receivers with refinished GI parts and a new aftermarket barrel. They have no collector value, but are more expensive than a real Springfield Armory USGI rifle. Also, they are not legal for CMP Garand Matches. All in all, there is no reason to purchase one.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I was at a CMP Garand Clinic and one guy there had a SA Service Grade that was unissued.

Another guy his Service Grade was very close to unissued as well.

When I get mine I will post pictures. Right now guys that placed orders with CMP on 1/27 are still waiting for thiers. They received my order on 2/23.

Service Grade rifles are not in what would be considered "unissued" condition. However, I have seen a number that had not been re-issued after they were rebuilt in the early 1960s. Great rifles. Superb shooters (especially if they were re-barreled with a mid 60s SA barrel).

An unissued M1 would be a Collector Grade rifle and would be worth several times the cost of a Service Grade. I have an HRA that was never issued. I doubt it has been fired since it was proofed in December 1956. A "new" M1 is a beautiful thing.

Dan

Doug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Lake Charles, LA
    I went to the CMP South store a couple of months ago and they had no service grade Garands available. However, I got a very nice field grade for $495.00. 1942 SA with a 1953 barrel. Stocks a bit beat up but it shoots great. (had to replace the clip release spring) I am convinced the CMP is absolutely the best way to get a Garand.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    If peole are paying the prices at Cabela's I may just sell mine when I get it and make some money. I never intended to shoot any matches with it.

Top Bottom