osprey

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Thanks for answering, I will probanly try to find a p30l barrel and get it threaded if I decied to go with the p30. Contacted Big Boy arrament today to put deposit on a osprey! to secure it as mine since I have to wait another month and a half until I turn 21. Sending in trust paperwork to Mark Garber tommorow so he can get it set up. I'm ready for my first taste of the nfa world.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Thanks for answering, I will probanly try to find a p30l barrel and get it threaded if I decied to go with the p30. Contacted Big Boy arrament today to put deposit on a osprey! to secure it as mine since I have to wait another month and a half until I turn 21. Sending in trust paperwork to Mark Garber tommorow so he can get it set up. I'm ready for my first taste of the nfa world.
    You can't go wrong with TDH with Big Boy Armament. Stand up guy!

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    mickey do you have any problems with site visibilty and target acquisition with the osprey on the p30l.

Last edited:

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    mickey do you have any problems with site visibilty and target acquisition with the osprey on the p30l.
    To be honest with you, I have only shot the gun once since it has come back from tornado. When it was shot, I did not have the can on it. My pistols never get nearly the range time that my rifles do.
    I will try to get a pic of the sight picture with the can attached tonight and post it for you.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    To be honest with you, I have only shot the gun once since it has come back from tornado. When it was shot, I did not have the can on it. My pistols never get nearly the range time that my rifles do.
    I will try to get a pic of the sight picture with the can attached tonight and post it for you.

Thanks thats the only concern I have left.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    osprey on the p30L

n5i6exusc9gr0cxplwff.jpg

Last edited:

snoopygw73

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    mandeville/covington
    I hate to bring up a thread this old but can anyone verify this? I want a p30 .40 but was going to go with the usp compact tactical for the threaded barrel.

i contacted tornado technologies about extending the .40 barrel on my HK expert. They said if HK made a barrel longer than my 5.2" stock barrel, they could thread it. However, they can't thead it and put an extension on a HK .40 barrel due to the diameter of the barrel. Basically, the barrel is not thick enough to support an extension unlike the 9mm and .45. If you want a .40 suppressor, buy a .40 HK usp tactical.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    i contacted tornado technologies about extending the .40 barrel on my HK expert. They said if HK made a barrel longer than my 5.2" stock barrel, they could thread it. However, they can't thead it and put an extension on a HK .40 barrel due to the diameter of the barrel. Basically, the barrel is not thick enough to support an extension unlike the 9mm and .45. If you want a .40 suppressor, buy a .40 HK usp tactical.

I went with the xdm .40 for now. I found a discussion where the longer xdm barrel fits the xdm 3.8 so should work out. But I still plan on buying a p30 in the future. My next purchase will be another scar though. I saw one at the store when I bought the xdm and has got me thinking maybe it was worth the cash I sold it for afterall.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    squidnutz06
    Top Bottom