Our Marine is home

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajun225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Our Marine got back from a 8 month tour in Afghanistan last month. Well tonight I can say we have him home with us safe and sound but just for 6 days. He did not get extra leave after coming back from Afghanistan so we only have him for 6 days. Seams that the Marines are the only branch that does not give extra leave after or before deployment. Anyway we are glad to have him home safe and sound. Now its party time Saturday night.

Time to bring all of our troops home.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    All the services are phasing out block leave immediately after redeployment. Joe doesn't need immediate unstructured time.

firesafety3

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    Gonzales, Louisiana
    Glad to hear that! I know what it's like to have that Marine come through the door. We've had extended time with ours since he had surgery and going through PT in Lafayette. We have been blessed.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    He did not get extra leave after coming back from Afghanistan so we only have him for 6 days. Seams that the Marines are the only branch that does not give extra leave after or before deployment.

The Corps(At least the Grunt Side) has been doing this since the 1st Gulf War. After Afghan we got 7 days, after Fallujah while we were out of the Sand Box and into our homes in a matter of days(Bad idea) we still only got like 10 days.

The reason why? Nate answers that below;
    Joe doesn't need immediate unstructured time.

It was bad enough taking Troops from a Warzone and putting them in their living rooms in a matter of days. Sending them home in a matter of days from the Box, and then cutting them loose for 30 Days has shown to be disastrous.

Especially for those who have felt the woes of combat by way of firefights, to lost buddies and so on.

REGARDLESS!! Congratulations! Thank God he's home and give that Man a Beer and some BBQ!
    (Holidays are coming up, he'll get more time then too)

Tell him I said Semper Fi and I thank him for his selfless sacrifice to serve our country in one of the greatest Gun Clubs on the Planet! The Marines! Errah!

jussaddwata

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Prairieville
    Congrats on your Marine coming home....we know exactly how y'all feel......tell him Thanks for his service.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom