Outdoor range ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Thanks, The Ascension Sheriff's Office range in Gonzales is closed today but I'll call them to see when they are open. I'll post up here when I find out.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Hunter's Run in Port Allen, but that is a shotgun club; the rifle and pistol "ranges" are very crude and go no farther than 25 yards.

Actually Hunter's Run has 100 yard, 50 yard, 25 yard and 7 yard ranges. But you are correct in saying it is primarily a shotgun club and that the ranges are very crude.

The earthen backstops are deficient in height, the "shooting benches" are made of (warped) wood and the "shelter/shed" that is intended to cover the shooting positions is still missing the sheet metal roofing that blew away two years ago during Katrina.

No rapid fire. Cadence must be slower than one shot per second.

Whenever a major trap or skeet tournament is being held, the rifle/pistol range is shut down for the entire weekend.

This is not a good place to shoot, unless you like dealing with the Fudds who set the CS rules.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Thanks, The Ascension Sheriff's Office range in Gonzales is closed today but I'll call them to see when they are open. I'll post up here when I find out.
    According to Packing.org it's open 2p-6p on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month.

Contact listed is 621-8357. I called but there was no answer.

keano44

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    The Fusilier Complex is a private shooting club about an hour from Baton Rouge or Lafayette. It has rifle, pistol, and shotgun trap ranges. Rifle covered shooting line, concrete benches,100-300yds; Pistol range to 75 yds. Go here for information:
    http://www.hcrpc.com

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Bitchin !

I sent them an email about coming out for the day. Can't join if I have no idea what its like.

Do you shoot there ? Do they allow AR's and such ?

Thanks again.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Nicks in Garyville
    Tallow Creek in Covington are both within an hour of BR but they both only have 100yd ranges and I know Tallow does not allow FMJ ammo.

Top Bottom