Outfitting an 1100 semi auto for limited mobility

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr. frog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vi-Lou
    my brother has a degenerative neuromuscular disorder called c.m.t. in the past 2 years he has became wheelchair bound and his arms and hands have lost a lot of motor skills. We've thought of outfitting the 1100 with tactical gear, but have only found such equipment for the 870 (pistol grips, collapsable adjustable stock, picitiny rails all over it, etc.). are they pretty much universal?

mr. frog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vi-Lou
    well here's what we got so far...
    old1100_zpsd4cf325e.jpg

new1100_zpsf53aadfd.jpg

i also have a rail for the top and reflex sight, as well as a new barrel.
    the breech bolt was extended and safety enlarged.
    i know yall are diggin the camo duct tape ;)

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Yeah, that's what I get for reading too fast.
    If recoil is a problem, JP Rifles makes and installs a recoil eliminator that really does work well.

Don't worry, I thought the same thing until I looked at the pictures and I got really confused. Caught it on the second read.

mr. frog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vi-Lou
    eliminating recoil would deffinately be a plus. I would imagine porting the barrel would be rather uncomfortable for the rest of us in the duck blind. threading the muzzle and putting some ported choke tube may help some. i have one of those on my benelli, as well as one of the benelli recoil reducers http://www.benelliusa.com/shop/recoil-reducers...which works really well, but he just can't operate the pump :-\
    we're gonna see how it works so far this weekend. the season's getting close ;)
    duckblind_zpsb3d87451.jpg

path_zpsfb7e9024.jpg

our small community duck blind is hopefully gonna work out for him. rails on the path and steep stairway instead of straight up ladder. climbing harness set up too. lot of brushing to do before the season starts. gotta lotta good people helpin out. my old eddystone rifle will be the next project for him. one step at a time tho.

Last edited:

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If you need any gunsmith only modifications to the 1100 like porting the barrel or any other mods that you may need help with. I'll do it no charge. I love to see people taking care of people. This is a good thing your doing and if you need help I'll take care of it for you. If this type of disorder were to strike me, I could only hope that my family would love me enough to go thru this much to keep me shooting. Thanks for the post, this has brightened up my day.

All American Gunsmithing LLC
    Baton Rouge L.A.

mr. frog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vi-Lou
    i appreciate that big jake. i have an extra barrel for it, so porting one of them may not be a bad idea. i will have to bring him and the gun by and see what suggestions can arise.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom