P2000SK Makeover

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The ONLY coating that I personally have seen that did not wear is NP3. I seriously do not know what is in NP3 that makes it such a good coating, but the stuff is absolutely unbelievable.

I have seen just about every other type of Duracoat, Ceracoat, K-Kote, KG Cote.. they all wear badly, especially when the gun they're applied to is carried alot and is in out of a holster a lot.

NP3 is expensive, but I believe it is worth every penny. If I personally were going to have a gun coating of ANY sort, other than hard chrome, it would be NP3.

Yeah I babysat a buddy's NP3'd Sig for a while, that thing had been thrown around and abused for nearly a decade and did not have a single blemish on it.

I also had e a Wilson Combat 1911 with their ArmorTuff finish (I believe it's basically the same formula as Cerakote) that I carried and abused for a year and couldn't phase it. Gun had 1500rds through it when I sold it and I could've said it was new.

I've had two different guns with the same Gunkote applied by two different people, one was bulletproof the other held up about as good as wet Krylon. In my opinion the company applying the coatings matters more than the coating itself, and unfortunately there's more crappy ones out there than good.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    They are tools not investments.

Yep, they sure are. I was taught to take care my tools. All my tools that I use look worn not abused or defaced.

These are my opinions. My opinions are just that.... mine. If they differ from yours that's OK with me. Your opinions are not any more right or wrong than mine.

Bottom line they're your handguns you do what you want with them.

Dave

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Yep, they sure are. I was taught to take care my tools. All my tools that I use look worn not abused or defaced.

These are my opinions. My opinions are just that.... mine. If they differ from yours that's OK with me. Your opinions are not any more right or wrong than mine.

Bottom line they're your handguns you do what you want with them.

Dave

I'll be sure to tell Remington to quit defacing their shotguns with checkering also. Opinions can be wrong, happens on here all the time.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    I'll be sure to tell Remington to quit defacing their shotguns with checkering also. Opinions can be wrong, happens on here all the time.

Opinions are never wrong, they are just opinions.

What happens on here a lot is that someone expresses their opinion (or someone else's opinion) as gospel. That's when they're wrong... but that's just my opinion. ;)

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Opinions are never wrong, they are just opinions.

What happens on here a lot is that someone expresses their opinion (or someone else's opinion) as gospel. That's when they're wrong... but that's just my opinion. ;)

That is PC ******** they tell children to make them feel better. If you're of the opinion the earth is flat, you are wrong. If you're of the opinion George Bush or Barrack Obama are/were great presidents, you're wrong.

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    That is PC ******** they tell children to make them feel better. If you're of the opinion the earth is flat, you are wrong. If you're of the opinion George Bush or Barrack Obama are/were great presidents, you're wrong.

Typical fuzzy logic. You're confusing opinions with facts.

Stay with me and read the whole post before thinking about the response you want to type.

Opinion: is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective

Subjectivity: is a term used to refer to the condition of being a subject and the subject's perspective, experiences, feelings, beliefs, and desires.

As you'll see that is a very different meaning from facts. Facts are reproducible standard scientific experiments and are objective in nature.

Objectivity: is the state or quality of being true even outside of a subject's individual feelings, imaginings, or interpretations.

And in my opinion hand cut, checkering that a skilled laborer put on a weapon is nice looking. Machine cut checking is functional. A skilled laborer can put in nice looking stipples into plastic frames. But 99% of them are done by Bubba at his house. The one he'll post online will be his first attempt and he'll think it looks as nice one a trained gunsmith did. If you tell them it sucks than you have a big discussion since you shouldn't ever tell some one they didn't do something right. Now how PC is that?

Dave

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    That is PC ******** they tell children to make them feel better.

If ANYONE that knows me personally would see you say that anything I said or did was PC, they would kill themselves laughing...AT YOU.

And that's a fact, Jack.

Now, regarding PC BS, it's not opinions are opinions that they are feeding them. The PC BS is them telling them that everyone's opinion has worth or is important, and that is not true.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Typical fuzzy logic. You're confusing opinions with facts.

Stay with me and read the whole post before thinking about the response you want to type.

Opinion: is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective

Subjectivity: is a term used to refer to the condition of being a subject and the subject's perspective, experiences, feelings, beliefs, and desires.

As you'll see that is a very different meaning from facts. Facts are reproducible standard scientific experiments and are objective in nature.

Objectivity: is the state or quality of being true even outside of a subject's individual feelings, imaginings, or interpretations.

And in my opinion hand cut, checkering that a skilled laborer put on a weapon is nice looking. Machine cut checking is functional. A skilled laborer can put in nice looking stipples into plastic frames. But 99% of them are done by Bubba at his house. The one he'll post online will be his first attempt and he'll think it looks as nice one a trained gunsmith did. If you tell them it sucks than you have a big discussion since you shouldn't ever tell some one they didn't do something right. Now how PC is that?

Dave

It is my opinion that opinions can be wrong.

Have fun with that.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    It is my opinion that opinions can be wrong.

Have fun with that.

Seriously? Do you think that's in any way clever? Subjective based on subjective?

Wow, you really don't have good critical reasoning skills. See that? That wasn't an opinion that was a fact.

Have fun with what?

Dave

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Seriously? Do you think that's in any way clever? Subjective based on subjective?

Wow, you really don't have good critical reasoning skills. See that? That wasn't an opinion that was a fact.

Have fun with what?

Dave

In my opinion, your view of my reasoning skills in an opinion and not a fact. :)

Last edited:

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge

Your opinions are wrong. George Bush was an awesome president.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    I like NP3 from Robar as well. It is a tough, tough finish. I just sold my last gun with NP3 on consignment recently. I though about keeping it just to have a gun in NP3!

Top Bottom