P22 or Buckmark

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • P22 or Buckmark for suppression later on?

• P22

Votes: 8 19.0%
    • Buckmark

Votes: 25 59.5%
    • neither

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

lefty

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Hattiesburg, MS
    ok guys so i need a 22 pistol to add to the collection. was wondering which of the above you favored and why. also am planning to silence it when additional funds materialize so please account for that in your opinions.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    There have been problems with the P22 mags and excessive slide ear wear in the past. The newer generation P22's have these problems fixed. But if you are buying second hand I would investigate on one of the rimfire forums. The "A" mags are problematic. The "B" mags are the upgrade. If it comes factory with a "B" mag the slide ear wear problem has probably been fixed. Personally I would look at a Ruger Mk. III. Good luck.

Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    IMO the Buckmark is the best host if you will suppress it.Better factory trigger than the Ruger and needs cleaning less often. The P22 is a neat toy, but if you want high quality, it's not it. I have all 3, BTW.
    ynjkmc4i4ostsc7psvno.jpg

gw2bxun57cp8narqlfdd.jpg

5zfkgerr0gmdmght6m.jpg

jbadjones

Rating - 96.7%
    119   4   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Natchitoches
    +2 on the ruger! Love mine to death, but I've also shot a buckmark and liked it too. So, if you're totally against the ruger, go with the buckmark instead of the p22.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I am saying the P22 is junk, by no means (i dont know them that well), but the buckmark is a better quality 22.

Stick to Buckmark, Ruger or High Standard.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I have a Ruger MKII and it is a great little gun, but a pain in the ass to clean. I have never shot a buckmark, but hear they are nice. One day when I get a suppressed .22, it's going to be a Ruger MKIII.

There are just a couple of little tricks to assembling the Ruger Mk III. Once you do it a few times it's cake. :)

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Buckmark. Cleaning a ruger is a pain.
    Also, you shoot a .22 to practice, right? Why not shoot a gun that the controls are arranged the same as most full sized pistols? There's nothing wrong with a heel mag release, but if you train with it at your thumb keep it there. Why develop a different skill set for shooting .22?
    I've had my buckmark for 20 years now, I've changed the recoil spring I think twice over probably 10K rounds. No other problems.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    True, but the Ruger I shoot (my brother's) is over 40 years old. Still accurate as can be though. I don't know much about the Mk III...

bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    I've got the p22, in my opinion they seem to wear out quick , I've only put a few hundred rounds through it and clean it after every shoot, my safety switch kicks from fire to safe when shooting, a real pain.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Shot my Buckmark Friday . I have run about five different brands of ammo through it and it has never failed once . I doesn't seem to care what you feed it .

Top Bottom