Painting my AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broke

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    What do I need to know? Brands of paint? Durability? Etc? I'm a novice at this so I need to do as much research as I can to make sure that I don't screw up an otherwise nice rifle. PSA upper, Spikes lower.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    If you are looking to do a budget spray paint job on it, Rustoleum Camo will work fine. Over time, you will have some wear, but all depends on what you want out of painting it and if you are OCD about the finished product.
    mynu8yba.jpg

pyde3y7a.jpg

a7abypem.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    I have recently tried Duracoat and was amazed at the quality of finish and HOW FREAKIN EASY it was to apply! Duracoat now offers ready to use spray cans, in 200+ colors so getting the camo coloration you wish is simple. Disassemble your rifle, degrease, spray on Duracoat, let dry for a few hours (preferably overnight) and reassemble. It is not needed but to speed the cure/harden process I heated the finished parts on a gas grill at 250F for 2 hours. Great product + easy to apply + do it yourself = WIN!

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    The more I think about it the more I think I want to do a regular paint job in case I ever want to change the pattern or color.
    ^ one of the reasons I did it that way on one of mine. Used brake cleaner to wash parts down, painted FDE base coat, added green patterns, etc, finished off with matte clear coat finish. Best part is if you don't like how one part of it comes out, you can simply re-do that section.

Doug76

Road Warrior
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Southshore
    Jasarii, so how you like that UTG Pro super slim hand guard?
    I just put one on my AR, and I'm really liking it. Just what I wanted.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Jasarii, so how you like that UTG Pro super slim hand guard?
    I just put one on my AR, and I'm really liking it. Just what I wanted.

It's like having the MI SS handguard(what I originally wanted) without paying the MI SS price. Paid $100 for the USA made UTG Pro Super Slim...and love it. Of course I also love my Noveske NSR key mod hand guard too ;-)

Doug76

Road Warrior
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    Southshore
    It's like having the MI SS handguard(what I originally wanted) without paying the MI SS price. Paid $100 for the USA made UTG Pro Super Slim...and love it.

I paid the same for mine, and I got it for the same reason you did. I think it likely ours were easier to install than the MI would have been.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    I found that the barrel nut, etc that came with it was simple to install. I had a 9" one on my 300 Blackout pistol, but had to take it off bc the inside diameter was a little too slim, lol...could not fit suppressor inside it.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

Patchgunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2014
    Lafayette
    It's like having the MI SS handguard(what I originally wanted) without paying the MI SS price. Paid $100 for the USA made UTG Pro Super Slim...and love it. Of course I also love my Noveske NSR key mod hand guard too ;-)

Bc paying 80$ less for something built by an airsoft quality company makes perfect sense .. Not gonna last if you put that rifle to good use

Sent from the patch

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom