Palmetto State Armory

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I've heard lots of bad about their service , but that's the first bad thing I've heard about their product. I have one of their lowers with a Stag upper and have never had an issue with it. Granted, it's just the lower receiver.

Ill admit I've heard many say the same thing. Even if it was flukes, I cant recommend them via my experiences.
    My two direct experiences were with a PSA LPK and a PSA BCG. The LPK was missing a couple of parts (disconnector spring and detent pins) which I had extras, no big deal. The disconnector itself was so far off spec, it would not sit in the trigger. PSA failed to accept the LPK back.
    The BCG, simply was not of a quality finish. It was so rough with action, that it would cause lock ups and excessive heat. I had it sanded/polished to make it work following a refusal by PSA again for an exchange.

Again, I purchased these items within a month of each other during the height of the Obama sales pitch, so its most likely a simple issue of QA, but the refusal on the CS end left me with bad taste.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I am an FFL and have purchased and/or transferred about 50 products from PSA (pistols, lowers, barrels, uppers, AK's you name it). I have only heard ONE bad thing and it was late last year (or early this year) about a .308 PTAC rifle (18" stainless barrel) that was a little sticky going into battery and coming out of battery. I looked at it for the customer and we decided to go shoot it and clean it after. I even gave him a box of heavy rounds to shoot out of it to work the action. I guess the stainless barrel was just a little burred, but it still ran 100% and is definitely in the range of accuracy one would expect for the money (which is infinitely more accurate than a typical AKM!).

I have never ever had an issue with one of their products and I recommend the 'Blems' when you see them. The worst I have seen is just some coating issues right under where the charging handle sits.

I have a PSA freedom stainless 16" upper (mid length, slick side) that has never been cleaned, and never seen anything except full-auto fire from my demo AR-15. I pulled it out of the box and fired it on the machine gun lower from day 1 including THROUGH SUPPRESSORS. Has about 1k rounds through it right now.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    On my orders, its always taken three weeks to ship an in stock item. Alot of companies will ship in three days or less, so I use PSA last. Sometimes they are the only game around with great deals.

Top Bottom