Palo Alto F-class

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nortac

Cynical Old Codger
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Abita Springs, LA , USA
    I attended the Sunday, Oct.3 match at Palo Alto as a first time shooter yesterday and had a great time! Everyone was very supportive and I want to give Lanny and Dave a big thanks for making my first shoot so memorable. For any new shooters out there interested in F-class, I highly recommend shooting with these guys. Got to meet Ritten and Chaser as well as others from the forum whom I probably didn't connect with their on screen identities. "I'll be back."

Last edited:

xmeister

xmeister
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Prairieville
    Nortac
    Thanks for attending our little party yesterday. It was actually a pretty big party with 55 shooters from all over the south competing for the title of Louisiana Mid-Range Champion in F-TR, F-Open and Prone.

You did it right for sure. You came prepared with good equipment, good zeros and a willingness to listen and learn. Congratulations on some fine shooting. We look forward to seeing you often. Welcome aboard!

Lanny

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Good to see you out there man! I didn't know you were shooting, just thought you came out to watch. Welcome to the addiction. Lanny, Gary, and everyone involved always put on a great match and this weekend was certainly no different. You got to see some really awesome shooters doing amazing things against gusting winds and then you got to see the rest of us doing some hilarious things (like shooting an X two targets over). We couldn't have had more perfect weather though, and as always, it's a great time shooting with some great people!

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Nortac,
    Glad you came out and had a good time. I second that Lanny and Gary do a great job of getting these events planned and executed.
    As you found out, once you do it, you gotta do it again.
    The weather was super, the shooting was awesome and the company there was as always, great.
    See ya soon.

For the record- In person I look just like my profile picture. :D

Last edited:

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Man I was wanting to make it out there, but I was throwing my wife a surprise 40th Birthday party, no she didn't shot me..........yet! I'm going to make it out there one day, sounds like too much fun to miss.

Bam Bam

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Nortac, I was out there on Saturday taking it in, watching everyone and studying the equipment, I am also building a Savage F Class rifle, I will be there next month. Had a birthday party on Sun to attend.

Well headed home to reload for this weekend's MS 3 Gun State Championships in Corinth,

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Sorry Ed, I missed you, I was there from about 10 to 11, I know I did not see you, what time were you there??you going to play with the AR or bolt rifle, my eyes can't handle the steel sights, Astigmatism and old age, glass optics for me

Last edited:

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    I have an f-class Savage in .223 that is almost ready, and have ordered goodies for my service rifle. I went and shot the reduced course match and the hook was set. Hopefully by the end of the month, can't wait.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I actually have 2 guns I can shoot in F class, my JP-15 AR15 which I use in 3 gun competitions, all I have to do is spin the compensator off during the offseason of 3 gun, and of course the bolt rifle, I may have my daughter come shoot the AR

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I like going out there and watching the guys shoot. I used to work with Gary before he moved onto another job. I would go with him, help set up the pits, watch and keep score if there was a shortage of people on a relay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MrPantz
    Top Bottom