Panic Dying down

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwhess504

Broke Joke
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Ponchatoula, La
    Again it is funny to see people that you know when the panic first hit were like "im not gonna sell" now are trying to get the height of panic prices....

It isn't going to happen! hold off until they (senate) start to get traction and everyone is crazy again..... but then you probably wont want to sell.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The peak may have passed, but I wouldn't say it's dying down, and prices will be higher than normal for a while. While some vendors are getting sporadic batches of products in, they are still priced high and selling out in minutes.

Anyone that remembers 2009 will tell you it took a LONG time for gun, accessory and ammo prices to return to normal.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Perhap's a thread on what we have learned for the present fiasco ?

The peak may have passed, but I wouldn't say it's dying down, and prices will be higher than normal for a while. While some vendors are getting sporadic batches of products in, they are still priced high and selling out in minutes.

Anyone that remembers 2009 will tell you it took a LONG time for gun, accessory and ammo prices to return to normal.

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    it's going to happen in waves, as certain States pass their own laws, the residents of those States are buying things up hoping to be grandfathered in. Now it looks like Magpul's production of mags may take a hit this summer b/c of the bill that passed in Colorado. Let's hope they keep the accessories in CO, and move the mag production somewhere else so that some jobs will stay in CO. i already traded off a few of my LR-20 and Gen2 PMAG's but i think i'm going to keep the rest for now.

the last time all this happened, ammo took a while to become readily available again. i was able to get parts fairly easily as may people were already in possession of a rifle but they didn't have ammo.

smarlb3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    @ corvette racer - Thanks for the info. I bought one and it is currently in the mail for next week. Looks like and extremely good product.

About the idiots buying everything in site, I cant wait till they run out of money and try to figure out what to do. I ran into a guy today at bass pro shop who told the stock guy that it was too bad they ran out of large packs of 223. He said he wanted to buy two more and earlier he bought two cases. In a friendly manner asked if shot a lot and was worried about getting ammo for target and his response was no, I just want to stock up. This retard is the reason you cant find reliable supplies of ammo. he has something like 2000 rounds, but doesnt shoot. I just built my rifle and the rest of my parts will come in next week and I cant get 20 rounds to play with.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Yea, 2k rounds is when I start saying "I need to cut back on shooting for a while"

Well I'm the proud owner of 470 5.56 rounds (: I just don't shoot the crap so I never buy it. I keep enough just in case I want it. I much rather my .308 or 9mm... Now those numbers are a different story

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Well I'm the proud owner of 470 5.56 rounds (: I just don't shoot the crap so I never buy it. I keep enough just in case I want it. I much rather my .308 or 9mm... Now those numbers are a different story
    Yea, .223 is a primary and training caliber for me, so it's a most-common use, behind 9mm. If I only had 2k rounds of 9mm, I'd be saying the same. A training class will burn through 1500 easily.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Can't really blame anyone for wanting to sit on couple thousand rounds even if they don't shoot often. Just because people are catching on that it's not all smoke and mirrors don't mean they are idiots.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Just another drop in the bucket of people who think 'redistribution of wealth' is only a bad idea until you don't have any wealth. :rofl:

blakegill66

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Metairie
    Well supplies are coming back as far as parts goes, which is good, but I was right.... The prices of the parts in stock are much higher than before for example a $600 item is now $1000 and selling out quick (which means the prices will stay high until consumers no longer pay inflated prices)

But on a good note, I have found a supplier who is shipping out at their normal pre crazy prices. $160 for stripped lower and $209 for nickel boron stripped lower. I know this isn't a $75 PSA lower but its also not a $300 polymer lower :)

goose225pa

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    port allen la
    Been watching SlickGuns.com, several forums, and every gun shop from Shreveport to Monroe to Alexandria. Slickguns has AR parts/accessories and various ammos coming around more and more each day. Starting to see semi-auto pistols back in stock at nearly fair prices as well. AKs in North LA are still silly high, same with SKS's. Did see some glock OEM mags for $80 a piece the other day (and a 100rd AR drum for $650) at a local pawn shop and laughed at the guy. He told me they were selling like crazy for about 3 weeks, but slowed down significantly in the last week and a half. Point being, supply seems to be catching up in this area, and prices have atleast stabilized. Hopefully they'll start dropping soon. I was into high school girls and bow hunting when the last ban started, so I don't really know what happened then, but it's been interesting watching this unfold and keeping up with it.

On a side note, has any body else noticed the prices of revolvers has shot up? I get the semi-autos, but revolvers, really? And the funny thing is, they have steadily been on an incline across the board, and folks are actually still paying more and more for them.

What this guy said!

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    for some of you old timers who remember the 2008-09 fiasco (i wasnt as big into firearms then as i am now) did you see a permanent price increase after that panic died down? im thinking ammo will stay inflated a bit

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    for some of you old timers who remember the 2008-09 fiasco (i wasnt as big into firearms then as i am now) did you see a permanent price increase after that panic died down? im thinking ammo will stay inflated a bit

no, prices came back down. pistol ammo limits were done away with and rifle ammo didn't get cheap but it got a lot better.

Top Bottom