Panic Dying down

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Been following a couple of websites for a while that have their inventory shown real time. I'm seeing a crack in the supply.

For several weeks there hasn't been a flake of powder available anywhere. Following those two sites I'm seeing a return of the boutique shotgun powders. Not all of it has come back but enough that guys who are into that can order it at have it shipped ASAP. Two popular handgun powders, Titegroup and Unique, have showed up in limited supply. Unique dried up in three days while Titegroup was still there yesterday.

As for primers, not a one to be had at the two I've been following. But I'm hearing of primers here and there becoming available at other vendors.

There is hope.

Stayed late at work last night with a couple guys at work. We went through the costs involved to reload and what is the breakeven point to pay for the reloading equipment. In a nutshell 1,000 rounds will pay off a Hornady Lock-N-Load. https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00005085003 Crunched a few numbers to reload .223 and came to $5 to $6 for a box of 20.

May very well have a couple new reloaders soon. Cool as we can pool resources for ordering components.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yea, I'm seeing the ability to reload subsonic 300BLK for $0.28/round, though my prices for components was tallied up like 2-3 months ago, and I was also factoring in buying new brass from R-P, since I haven't shot enough to reload a lot. $0.28 is a big deal. Plinking subs is at best $0.60/round when market is regular, if memory serves.

thesamunit

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I love seeing the guys who thought they'd make a buck on this panic in the marketplace now trying to over charge for pretty run-of-the-mill AR's and pistols, with no offers. They all seem to look like this:

WTS random AR for $2000

Bump

Bump

Price drop bump

Bump

ANY OFFERS GUYS??? PLEASE?!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Dying down?? You priced .308 ammo lately?

I don't see ammo prices coming back down anytime soon. Demand is still very high, and supply can't keep up. And just think of how many thousands of guns have been sold in the last 90 days, all of which people want to get ammo for. I don't expect to see ammo get back to normal for a long while.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    Dying down?? You priced .308 ammo lately?

I don't see ammo prices coming back down anytime soon. Demand is still very high, and supply can't keep up. And just think of how many thousands of guns have been sold in the last 90 days, all of which people want to get ammo for. I don't expect to see ammo get back to normal for a long while.
    Just scarfed up a load of 7.62x51 for .64 a round. It is out there if you shop online and wait.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Just scarfed up a load of 7.62x51 for .64 a round. It is out there if you shop online and wait.

Yea, if you at your computer when the stock notice shows up in your email box. The few people still selling at decent prices sell out within minutes sometimes, and it never takes more than a hour or two. I am usually too busy to devote that much time trying to pick up some ammo at a decent price.

Like I said, the inflated market is going to be around for a while.

Last edited:

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    Yea, if you at your computer when the stock notice shows up in your email box. The few people still selling at decent prices sell out within minutes sometimes, and it never takes more than a hour or two. I am usually too busy to devote that much time trying to pick up some ammo at a decent price.

Like I said, the inflated market is going to be around for a while.
    I feel ya. Even when it shows up, it is a bitch to get. AIM just popped up with 30cent a round 223. An hour of "service not available". load cart, try to check out,"service unavailable" try again and again...sold out. A good deal seems to be a sure fire way to crash your website.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Go to the "Firearm Parts & Ammo" section of the Forum, Now choose page 501. This will bring you back to a time and place when .40 ammo was being sold for $10 a box (50 rounds)....ahhh, the good old days (Sept 2008)! That's the panic dying down that I want to see again!!

Top Bottom