Pardo's Push: McDonnell F4 Phantom

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    <iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RRNbcPS3A9c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got this youtube from a my brother - about Pardo's Push. He tells me everyone in the fighter community knows about this-I didn't know there was a youtube describing Bob Pardo's actions in Vietnam. Watch this video-it's history! AND it involves the greatest jet fighter ever made-which, of course, is the mighty F-4 PHANTOM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRNbcPS3A9c

Last edited:

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    If someone had told me this I wouldn't have believed them. Absolutely amazing! And I always thought the Phantom was a bad ass looking jet.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Ah yes the F-4 phantom . My 1st experience working on the flight deck of carriers. I was the guy standing outside the white line (as if that line would save in the event of a crash) waiting for that plane to land so I could free the arresting cable if it became hung up .
    Thanks for the viewing .
    Sorry for the distraction but, I could only look as my speakers have went defunct like me .

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Cool story OP. he wasn't the first though. A guy in Korea did it with an F86.

F-4. Proof that given enough power, even a turd can fly.

F-4. It's so badass, it didn't even need a cannon. At least until they added one because everyone was wrong.

Badass record: During the (vietnam) war, U.S. Navy F-4 Phantom squadrons participated in 84 combat tours. The Navy claimed 40 air-to-air victories at a cost of 73 Phantoms lost in combat. An additional 54 Phantoms were lost in mishaps. IMO, that's not a good record for an "interceptor" role aircraft even given the majority of the losses were to SAMs & AA.

Go read up on Israel's 50-1 record using the F15 if you want to see how it's supposed to be done.

Last edited:

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    Here is the original version. You cant compare the 2, as they are different. But holy crap, talk about balls of steel.

Top Bottom