Parking lot stop signs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Handicap Parking is a violation of city/parish ordinance. Different ticket.

My understanding of ticketing for unauthorized parking in a handicapped space in BR is the signage has to meet all the criteria of the City-Parish ordinance. IOW, just posting a sign or just having the symbol painted on the pavement doesn't cut it as far as getting ticketed goes.

I have a handicapped placard and tend to notice these things.
    :eh:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have seen a successful lawsuit from where someone got hit by someone who ran a stop sign in a parking lot. Judgement was in the 400K territory.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    My understanding of ticketing for unauthorized parking in a handicapped space in BR is the signage has to meet all the criteria of the City-Parish ordinance. IOW, just posting a sign or just having the symbol painted on the pavement doesn't cut it as far as getting ticketed goes.

I have a handicapped placard and tend to notice these things.
    :eh:

It probably wouldn't stop you from getting ticketed but would be a valid defense in court.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Don't just disregard traffic signs in parking lots all willy-nilly. Here in Slidell, there was an ordinance passed years ago that allows enforcement of traffic laws on the property of the Northshore Square Mall. Nothing to prohibit other private entities entering into agreements with local governing bodies to have similar ordinances passed and enforcement allowed.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    There's a stop sign in the parking lot at Oakwood Mall that drives me nuts.

It was originally placed to protect traffic leaving a hotel parking lot and entering the shopping center lot. Then the hotel decided to fence off most of its property to reduce various criminal activities, so the sign is totally useless.

Yet people stop at it all the time.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have seen a successful lawsuit from where someone got hit by someone who ran a stop sign in a parking lot. Judgement was in the 400K territory.

While stopping at the stop sign might not be "required by law", not hitting people walking in parking lots is the law and missing the stop sign spoke to the drivers lack of attention and their carelessness at the wheel, thereby aggravating the judgement.

Top Bottom