Parts kit for all you guys that ordered stripped lowers - $63.60

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The Spike's LPK is a little higher quality. But the Palmetto kit will get the job done too. Just depends on what you're building and how much the $20 matters to you.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    The Spike's LPK is a little higher quality. But the Palmetto kit will get the job done too. Just depends on what you're building and how much the $20 matters to you.

What are the differences? I have used the palmetto state, and they seemed good to go. What are you getting for the extra $20?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    What are the differences? I have used the palmetto state, and they seemed good to go. What are you getting for the extra $20?

Just from what I've read, machining and material quality is lower on the Palmetto kits. Not really a big deal when talking about AR lower parts, and you would probably never even notice a difference between the two. That said, I've never been one to build anything as cheap/low quality as possible and personally would spend the extra $20 for the false sense of security if nothing else. :D

Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I think I'm going to order one of the those palmetto lowers. I've never done a purchase online that had to go though an FFL, nor do I have one lined up to ship it to. When I enter shipping info, do I put in my house, or the FFL it will be shipped to? Do I just go ahead a place the order and then line and FFL up on Monday and have them contact palmetto?

Thanks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Anacoco, LA
    I think I'm going to order one of the those palmetto lowers. I've never done a purchase online that had to go though an FFL, nor do I have one lined up to ship it to. When I enter shipping info, do I put in my house, or the FFL it will be shipped to? Do I just go ahead a place the order and then line and FFL up on Monday and have them contact palmetto?

Thanks
    I wonder the same thing Law1911, please post what you did and how the transaction goes. Some guys on here have experience with it so I am sure they can give you good advice on what to do.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

Thanks

It's a very simple process. They'll need a copy of you FFL's license on file. Chances are they'll already have it on file. If not, you contact your FFL and have them fax or email a copy to the vendor. Either way, I'd recommend doing that before you order, and I always call in orders that require FFL transfers. It's just easier that way.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    What do you think of the Rock River lower parts kits? I was thinking of the two stage trigger...
    RRA lower parts are fine. The 2-stage trigger is nice, but there have been reports of them failing/breaking under hard use. For $35 you can send the RRA trigger to White Oak Precision for their tuning, which turns it into an EXCELLENT trigger and supposedly fixes the design issues.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    RRA lower parts are fine. The 2-stage trigger is nice, but there have been reports of them failing/breaking under hard use. For $35 you can send the RRA trigger to White Oak Precision for their tuning, which turns it into an EXCELLENT trigger and supposedly fixes the design issues.

So just send them the parts kit I get from RR and they will tune it for me? Or do I send the parts kit in my reciever?

EDIT - I decided to not be lazy and look up White Oak myself :D but didn't see the trigger tuning listed under their services??

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    So just send them the parts kit I get from RR and they will tune it for me? Or do I send the parts kit in my reciever?

EDIT - I decided to not be lazy and look up White Oak myself :D but didn't see the trigger tuning listed under their services??

You just send them the trigger and hammer. Shoot them an email or give them a call, not sure why it's not on the site.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

Thanks

Pelican pawn in dehnam is very good and only $20

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom