Patriot pawn and gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LS1RX7

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Slidell
    Stopped in for the first time today, very impressed. Tons of .22 ammo on the shelves. Nice selection of weapons too at fair prices. Please go by and support this place. It's on 190w in Slidell near the mall.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Cool! Is the price resaonable? I'll support places that don't gouge its customers.

Places like Cheaper than Dirt, AmmoForSale.com and a slew of others can kiss my @ss. I'll never buy a round from them even if their prices drop below what the others charge.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Cool! Is the price resaonable? I'll support places that don't gouge its customers.

Places like Cheaper than Dirt, AmmoForSale.com and a slew of others can kiss my @ss. I'll never buy a round from them even if their prices drop below what the others charge.

CTD is still selling Federal 325 packs of .22lr for $119. Unbelievable

LS1RX7

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Slidell
    .22 is 16 cents a round for several different brands, I think that's more than reasonable these days. I bought a brick of subsonics, I couldn't pass that up considering how hard they are to find. It's past honaker almost to the mall on the left, across from wow Wingery and mi patio Mexican.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    .22 is 16 cents a round for several different brands, I think that's more than reasonable these days. I bought a brick of subsonics, I couldn't pass that up considering how hard they are to find. It's past honaker almost to the mall on the left, across from wow Wingery and mi patio Mexican.

Thats a crazy price. So $84 for a federal 525 pack equivalent?! Crazy

Last edited:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Address? Before or after honaker heading to the mall? Thanks is it the pawn shop next to the old car wash that was torn down?

After Honaker, it's down across from Mi Patio Mexican. Right before and across from the mall entrance on 190.

It's a nice shop, owner seems like a good dude. .22 Ammo is outrageous though, he said he's selling it for what he paid. I didn't buy any.

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    I saw it a few weeks ago at Patriot and passed on it. It seems they are not selling to much of it.

They also wanted to charge a $200 transfer tax on a suppressor I wanted to get from them. Really? They are the dealer. The $800 suppressor suddenly became 1200+ when including the 200 tax from the ATF.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I understand that some shops are sending guys to Walmart at 7AM and they buy as much .22lr as they can then bring it back to the gun & pawn shops. I guess if you take the Walmart price, plus the fee to the ammo buyers, then a 200% mark up you could get to .16 cents a round. I told the manager at Walmart they should stamp the 22lr bricks with a big WALMART stamp. If it sits on the shelves this stupidity will come to an end.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I understand that some shops are sending guys to Walmart at 7AM and they buy as much .22lr as they can then bring it back to the gun & pawn shops. I guess if you take the Walmart price, plus the fee to the ammo buyers, then a 200% mark up you could get to .16 cents a round. I told the manager at Walmart they should stamp the 22lr bricks with a big WALMART stamp. If it sits on the shelves this stupidity will come to an end.

I agree 100% with the Walmart Stamp!! The gun community has created this problem-- production is maxed out at the big manufacturers and our unneeded "hoarding" and buying up everything a soon as it hits the shelves will only drive up price......I'm glad I already had my stash before this nonsense took hold. The only thing I will need in the next year is a little more subsonic......but I have more than enough that I can trade CCI's for subsonic if they are not available.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA

I like that idea, bright neon colors on every side of the box, make it real obvious who's blatantly profiteering.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Problem is people are buying it at these outrageous prices, as long as they but it, it will not change. I don't believe he paid what he claims he did.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Problem is people are buying it at these outrageous prices, as long as they but it, it will not change. I don't believe he paid what he claims he did.

People like the guy on here trying to sell 19,470 rounds for $2300 (almost .12/rd) doesn't help the situation either. As long as people stop paying ridiculous prices like that, then hopefully it will slow down.

LS1RX7

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Slidell
    Also it's not Winchester bulk packs, it's as far as I saw high quality ammo. Lots of "competition" rounds. Not to mention that is very difficult to find any subsonic ammo anywhere, let alone sitting on the shelf in Slidell La. Maybe I'm just justifying to myself spending 80 bucks on a brick, but at least I got what I needed.

Top Bottom