Pawn Shop Buys Stolen Pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    A local gun shop had 4 handguns stolen by 4 punks his week. The owner realized what had occured as soon as they left his shop and contacted the Sheriff Dept. Within hours they had the 4 "suspects "in custody and had recovered 3 of the handguns, 1 of which was located at the Silver Dollar Pawn Shop aka the now "Famous" Cajun Pawn Stars Shop. Cajun Pawn Stars apparently gave the punks $100. I am waiting for that episode to be on their "Reality Show"!!!! :rolleyes:

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    You won't hear about this, however, it's ironic that Jimmy "Big Daddy" Deramus said that they never buy STOLEN merchandise! If you own a Pawn Shop, it's safe to say that probably 35% of your merchandise is stolen. I feel sorry for the owner of the gun shop as he is a nice guy and for 4 young punks to do this to him opens up a can of worms with BATFE for him.

A local gun shop had 4 handguns stolen by 4 punks his week. The owner realized what had occured as soon as they left his shop and contacted the Sheriff Dept. Within hours they had the 4 "suspects "in custody and had recovered 3 of the handguns, 1 of which was located at the Silver Dollar Pawn Shop aka the now "Famous" Cajun Pawn Stars Shop. Cajun Pawn Stars apparently gave the punks $100. I am waiting for that episode to be on their "Reality Show"!!!! :rolleyes:

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    So, a gunshop owner lets people walk out with handguns, you have no problem with this.
    A pawnshop owner as far as he knows legally buys the guns, and you have a problem with him?

It is not like he put them up for sale right after he bought them. There are procedures and they would have shown up as stolen if reported.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    You won't hear about this, however, it's ironic that Jimmy "Big Daddy" Deramus said that they never buy STOLEN merchandise! If you own a Pawn Shop, it's safe to say that probably 35% of your merchandise is stolen. I feel sorry for the owner of the gun shop as he is a nice guy and for 4 young punks to do this to him opens up a can of worms with BATFE for him.

You mean "Elvis"............. I do have to question someones' integrity and judgment when you pay a "punk" with pants hanging down to his knees $100 for a new and unfired pistol without checking to see if it has been reported stolen; which it had. Not sure exactly what he purchased, but I assure you it was worth $500 +!! When you buy stolen merchandise you are only supporting thievery!! :puke:

Did I mention one of the "punks" has 34 prior arrest? What is wrong with this picture?:shocked:

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It's not a big deal for them to buy stolen merchandise, it's when they sell it that's a problem. There is nothing a pawn shop could do to prevent ending up with stolen stuff at some point. The pawn shop next to my shop requires photo ID for every item pawned, and then stores the merchandise for 30-60 days before offering it for sale, allowing plenty of time for any rightful owners to show up. They also have an NOPD detective that comes by once or twice a week to check his theft reports against their stock (they also call him if they get anything in that's suspicious).

That's all they can do. Inevitably, they do end up with stolen merchandise, but it is returned at THEIR loss. They certainly don't get in any trouble though, it's just part of the game. I'm sure there's a lot of shady pawn shops out there, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. Hell if it wasn't for the pawn shop there's no telling where the gun would have ended up, and they probably would never catch the thieves.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    When things are too good to be true, they usually are. When someone offers to sell you a brand new unfired pistol for $100, you probably know its stolen.

When someone offers to sell you a $2k 600 rpm ar-15 for $600.... J/K

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    When things are too good to be true, they usually are. When someone offers to sell you a brand new unfired pistol for $100, you probably know its stolen.

When someone offers to sell you a $2k 600 rpm ar-15 for $600.... J/K

You ever tried to pawn something? They would have only given him $100 even if it WASN'T stolen.

Again, I'm not saying this dude isn't a giant pile of crap. But I'd get the whole story first. He might have even been the one that called the cops.

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    Didn't hear about this one, which shop did they steal them from? As far as pawnshops buying/selling stolen guns, been there, done that. Had an arrest warrant for me for selling a rifle that turned out to be stolen. I had bought it from one shop that got it from their other store (both in Alex). Rifle had been stolen somewhere else. So no, they do not always make sure they are not selling stolen weapons. Glad they keep good records of sales and purchases, detective took me back to work and took care of the warrant. Still sucked going through it.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    You ever tried to pawn something? They would have only given him $100 even if it WASN'T stolen.

Again, I'm not saying this dude isn't a giant pile of crap. But I'd get the whole story first. He might have even been the one that called the cops.

Reread my post and you will see who called the cops. This was conveyed to me by the gun shop owner who in fact did give chase until he lost them.:cool:

Believe me when I say "Reality" TV is not real. When you have to tell everyone what a great guy you are, there is a reason.:zombie:

Top Bottom