Pawn Stars and American pickers show.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I watch both every now and then. I like the history of the stuff on each show. Pawn Stars gets some really dumb customers though. A guy last night had a set of dueling pistols with an estimated value of $5-15K. I shouted, "Auction... auction... auction." Instead he sold them for $3250... People need to understand that they aren't going to get full value from a person looking to re-sell the item.

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    I DVR both, and watch when I can. I also enjoy Pawn Stars more than American Pickers. The only reason I see that they keep Chum around on PS is for ratings, as a worker he seems worthless.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I'm pretty sure Chumlee's apparent idiocy is not real. I think he is kind of playing a character. I mean, he might be a slow guy, but I think he intentionally tries to be comic relief. I'm sure the viewers like it, so I'm sure History Channel encourages it, if not writes it.

As much as I like the show, the more I watch of it the less of it I think is actually "real" and totally "unscripted." Especially when the customers really make asses of themselves.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    IMO Chumlee is the show thats what makes it fun and interesting, the "ol Man" is a fool too, great show specially when they talk about the history and actuall value of an item

Just like Mickey made the show for OCC on Discovery, yes they were some bad ass bikes but you always had the comic foolish dummness from Mickey to top it off.

I wonder who is Will going to use as a comic character on his show once it air's up on Discovery??????????????????????????

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I went to the pawn shop in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Had to wait in line for an hour since they were filming at the time. We got to take a picture with Rick, real nice and friendly guy. Chumlee was off so we didn't see him. The showroom was really small, and they didn't have much stuff displayed.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I'm pretty sure Chumlee's apparent idiocy is not real. I think he is kind of playing a character. I mean, he might be a slow guy, but I think he intentionally tries to be comic relief. I'm sure the viewers like it, so I'm sure History Channel encourages it, if not writes it.

Of course Chumlees' not in the class of Costello or Lewis' comendy acts but I think the show is trying to protray that sort of act with him. Just a thought.

The ole man is retired navy ,where does all that money come from they hand out in cash? Got to be an Act . Who would keep that much cash laying around . I do enjoy the history of the show .

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I hate the pawn stars... its not anywhere close to real... the ol man is a freakin ass.. period... you can run a business and be an ass to customers..

who in the hell, buys a plane and thinks. oh I know I will pawn it.. WTF..

american pickers is interesting and a little closer to real but even then.. the ability to drive over america and pay the housing and fuel is unrealistic.. at the margins they are making..

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    american pickers is interesting and a little closer to real but even then.. the ability to drive over america and pay the housing and fuel is unrealistic.. at the margins they are making..

I was thinking the same exact thing. How those two guys pay for fuel, housing, their salaries, taxes on $500 a day profit boggles my mind.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    They pay for it with all the money from the history channel.

That's one problem with these shows. They go around acting like they seriously need to consider the purchasing they are making from a business perspective. I'm pretty sure the History Channel probably absorbs the cost of bad buys just so that they will screw up on purpose, like contract from The Who last night. I mean really, the fact that they never say "hold on let me google it" is just silly. They either take a shot in the dark or call in the experts.

I highly doubt they called in these experts in anything except the rarest of circumstances before it was a TV show. I'm sure those guys have better things to do than wait around on call from a pawn shop to give free consulting. That's the main way you know it is scripted. The experts are always able to show up same-day and quick enough that the customer doesn't get irritated and leave.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    When I went to Vegas last month everybody was like "OMG YOU GOTTA GO TO PAWN STARS!!!!!11"

I don't go to real pawn shops, why the hell would I want to go to a fake one while on my honeymoon?

Zip7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2007
    I hate the pawn stars... its not anywhere close to real... the ol man is a freakin ass.. period... you can run a business and be an ass to customers..

The old man is my favorite on that show. He reminds me of a lot of old guys I used to deal with in business. You can absolutely run a successful business and be an ass most of the time - I've seen it!

Top Bottom