Pay you to reload

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gabesurface

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hey all, I've got some 9mm brass. I know a bunch of you reload, and was wondering if anyone wanted to make some money reloading for me. I've looked at buying my own equipment, but I don't think it's worth the money for as much as I shoot. I've got probably around 200 brass casings. I know reloading supplies are in short demand, so this may be a stretch, but if you have the time and supplies, I'd be willing to pay. Just curious what someone would want in terms of price for reloading these 200 rounds. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    This is something you'd ask your good buddy to do for your with pizza in hand, considering its grey market At Best.

A better way to ask this question is:

"Can I come to your place and use your machine with you for a couple hundred rounds?"

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Hate to burst your bubble but unless they have an FFL to manufacture ammunition (I think its an 07) it would be illegal to do that. Others on here should be able to shed more light on the subject.

Last edited:

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I've never reloaded since I don't have the $$ for equipment or supplies right now. But a guy that comes to where I work said that reloading is such a tedious time intensive project that it is best to ask a friend to use his equipment rather than to reload for you. Beer & pizza are great bargaining chips ;)

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    With the right equipment it's really not that big of a deal. You can easily knock out 200 rounds on a progressive in 30 minutes. The problem is you need a license to sell reloaded ammo and "your buddy" might not want to come off of his components in this tight market. Bullets, powder and primers are hard to come by these days.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    With the right equipment it's really not that big of a deal. You can easily knock out 200 rounds on a progressive in 30 minutes. The problem is you need a license to sell reloaded ammo and "your buddy" might not want to come off of his components in this tight market. Bullets, powder and primers are hard to come by these days.

Has to be a very good buddy. I am helping a friend out myself. He is paying for the cost of supplies and we are just going to hang out and crank some rounds out on my progressive. Loading him 1000 rounds will last him a long while. It would last me less than a month right now.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    There is a provision in the BATF rules to allow just what our OP is asking. Big provision is that his brass has to be segregated from all other brass. In the BATF eyes it's custom reloading and assembling components. I'll post more info tonight when I'm not crunched for time.

Try contacting Lloyd Landry in Gonzales @ 225-647-1909. He has the proper paperwork for loading for individuals. He can give you a price for what ever your looking for.
    I'm having a hell of a time finding the ruling. If someone can give him a call and report back I'd appreciate it.

I used Lloyd years ago when I started in USPSA and read over the ruling. Followed up on it myself and as long as a few simple steps are followed all is cool with the BATF.

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I've never reloaded since I don't have the $$ for equipment or supplies right now. But a guy that comes to where I work said that reloading is such a tedious time intensive project that it is best to ask a friend to use his equipment rather than to reload for you. Beer & pizza are great bargaining chips ;)

I can make 300 rounds in an hour easily and I am slow. Over the course of a weekend you could make 1000 rounds taking your time. So I am not sure how he can claim it is a "tedious time intensive project". I like the fact that I can tailor the load to the shooter. For example, for my wife I make her "puff ball loads" so there is not as much felt recoil.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Try contacting Lloyd Landry in Gonzales @ 225-647-1909. He has the proper paperwork for loading for individuals. He can give you a price for what ever your looking for.

Beauxdog

mudgrip92

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    destrehan la
    well guys i have been pondering for some time now on this same question, i too have been wanting to ask a few quesions, but to just cut to the chase i'm have a butt load of lead which i use for makeing weights for my lures, drop lines , ect,ect ,but was thinking if anyone could use it to make ammo (ie, "bullets") if so welllllllllll???????? could i use this to barter some ammo?? or no ??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom