Peach tree

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    Me and my girlfriend planted a peach tree 3 years ago. It was 3' tall when we put it in and now its at over 6' and producing a crap load of bulbs. Our problem is with the damn Bluejays and assorted other birds feasting on them. My girlfriend is talking about putting a rubber snake in it which is cool if it works. I've seen pie pans tied to trees and fake owls etc... ideas?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I used to have fig trees. Pie pans, rubber snakes, plastic owls, strips of aluminum foil...nothing really worked all that well. Fishing nets helped keep the birds limited to the outer edge.

I know someone that had a peach tree. He'd collect liquor bottles and put them over a few of the peaches as they would start to form. Once they were ripe he'd pick them with the bottle and fill with vodka or rum. Good stuff.

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    Yes im starting to believe a net is the only option at this point, Its the damn bluejays, they chase doves,cardinals even hawks away from the yard, I don't believe a rubber snake or plate is gonna scare them.:mad:

Top Bottom