Pearce Plus 2 on Glock 15-rd 9mm - Can't fit extra 2?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    Hi, I picked up a couple of Pearce Grip +2 extensions (model number PG-G9P2, on Pearce's website at http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-G9P2) and loaded them on a couple of 15-round mags for my G19. I've tried multiple times, including using a Glock mag loader, and am unable to cram 17 rounds in. I can fit 16, but it stops so hard at 17 that I'm afraid pushing any harder is going to start denting brass.

I've never used extensions like this before, does anyone have experience with these particular ones? I dread to even ask, but is it just a case of "don't worry and push harder"?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    Update: Tried just pushing harder, resulting in a 9mm round spreading the feed lips on the magazine. Not messing with it again until I hear from Pearce or a gunsmith who has successfully installed and used these.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Whatever the Pearce package says, subtract one for the +2 or +3 extensions... I don't know why, but I have installed many for customers, and that is just the way it is.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Just my 2 cents, but I think the spring in the mag is to blame here. All of my Glocks, when new couldn't fit the last round, untill the spring was "broken in" so to speak.

That being said I had a +2 pierce on a G17 glock mag, which normally hold 17, and I could fit 20rds in it with out spreading the feed lips. And it was a +2 not a +3.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    Not sure it's the spring; only one of these mags is new-ish. The other 2 are over 2 years old and I've fired at least 1,500 rounds through each of them. Looking around online, I've seen where the follower can have a problem with the transition between an extension and the original magazine tube; that would make sense to me. Maybe some filing of the follower would help, but I'm not sure if I want to start experimenting on that.

A buddy of mine who works out of a shop in Texas just texted me saying that he and his outfit have heard this complaint so much that they generally tell people to avoid the Pearce's. Now I'm looking at either the Glock factory extensions (will only buy 1 at a time to test this time around) or another solution. Thanks for the input, fellas.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Since you don't really need the extra grip length on the G19 like you do with the G26, why not just get 17 round magazines if you want more capacity?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    Yeah, I thought about that, but I already own 3 15 round mags, and extensions are much cheaper than 17 round mags. Plus, the 17 rounders in the grip of a G19 stick out awkwardly unless you add those slip-on grip sleeves, which I'm not crazy about having on the mags in my belt mag pouch.

Top Bottom