Pearl River man KIA, SGT. Michael J. Guillory

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    ~ In Honor Of Marine Sgt. Michael J. Guillory ~

KIA_zps088da406.jpg

Sgt. Michael J. Guillory, 28, of Pearl River, La., died Dec. 14 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 1st Marine Special Operations Battalion, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

He loved being a Marine and served six tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. He enlisted shortly after graduating from Pearl River High School in 2002, following the lead of his older sister, also a Marine.

Guillory last came home before Thanksgiving and spent much of his free time volunteering at schools and the Boys and Girls Club. His other passion was teaching children. "I was proud of the man he became," says mother Gina Guillory. "He was just super... He just was so full of energy and so full of life and just so many people would... he just put a smile on so many people's faces."

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Prayers for the soul of Sgt. Guillory and his poor family...RIP

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Rest in Peace. I can only imagine what his family and the community must feel. I lived in Pearl River, many years ago and it seemed everyone knew everyone.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    My kids Christmas School Party was today and we all lined the road right next to the fire trucks which used their ladders to hang a HUGE AMERICAN FLAG over Pont. DR. It was a very moving tribute to a Fallen Hero. God Bless His Family and God Bless America.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    God bless this Marine and his family. Prayers sent. So many in our country forget that there are many brave men, and women, standing in harms way. Wish I knew how to better express my feelings, but I guess I don't. Semper Fi

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I was at the airport today shortly before he arrived. The reception of Marines and JPSO deputies waiting was humbling. Prayers for his family and Semper Fidelis, Marine.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    My kids Christmas School Party was today and we all lined the road right next to the fire trucks which used their ladders to hang a HUGE AMERICAN FLAG over Pont. DR. It was a very moving tribute to a Fallen Hero. God Bless His Family and God Bless America.

I was about a hundred yards from you, toward the lake. My daughter, who dated Michael a few times years ago, was on the other side of you. The flag was magnificent. When he passed, I couldn't choke back the tears. Greater love hath no man than this, that he give his life for his friend.

Syntor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    Slidell, LA
    Was a very kewl thing to see.. The flag was amazing.. Saw it on Front St.. then actually saw the car heading to I-10, guess heading to PR.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    It was one of thoes times where words did not have to be said. You could look into the eyes of the people around you and see the good in their hearts and the respect for thoes who gave it all. I still try to hang on to the fact that we still have very good people that "get it". If I can raise my boys to have that same pride and respect then I have done my best. It starts at home but that's another..... Thanks to all that defend me and my family!

Top Bottom