Pelican Pawn Shops

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jasonj5313

Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    First off, I really appreciate all of you guys purchasing products from me. I wanted to let you know that in the near future, Pelican Pawn in the Baton Rouge area and NOLA will be stocking PSA rifles and Lowers. Pelican Pawn and I have set it up to where you can buy stripped lowers for $90 +tax. (You would pay over that price if you purchased online and had to pay FFL fee's.) They are also going to stock PSA rifles that have been assembled by me. These rifles will be very competitively priced with me.

I don't want you guys to feel like I don't want you to come here, but I realize that gas is getting High and I wanted to give you some options.

I really do appreciate your business and do hope you still come visit me, but I wanted to give everyone the option to purchase through Pelican Pawn.

The above doesn't mean that you can't get stuff through me, YES I AM STILL OPEN FOR BUSINESS, just opening myself up to a new market.

cjscore

Mar 9, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    Well I am taking my ball and going home. This is great news on both sides. PSA has done good by me in the past. It is nice to grab some items close to home.

jasonj5313

Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Thats pretty awesome, congrats on the business growth.

It is nice, they have great prices on their merchandise. I really wanted to stick with someone with the same pricing strategy as me. Their Psa stuff will be a touch higher than me, (overhead is a bitch) but the difference is fuel for some people. Like I said, they will have stripped lowers cheaper than anyone in BR and Nola. (To my knowledge no one sells them for $90 or about a hundred with tax)

Last edited:

Jack

Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Thats good to hear jason. Didn't you guys get a new building on jefferson highway not too long ago?

jasonj5313

Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Yes, they have 4-5 stores. We are waiting for product to come in to supply them.

Their Denham store has stripped lowers, and 1 rifle. (I think they sold the rifle yesterday.)

michaelm

Feb 10, 2011
    The rifle was put on Layaway yesterday. Still have the two receivers and more rifles soon.

Last edited:

jasonj5313

Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    I just wanted to let everyone know, Pelican Pawn in Denham Springs was re-supplied today. They have a bunch of Magpul swag. They only have a couple of Pelican Firearms/PSA rifles and stripped receivers. I talked to the Managers and their prices are un-beatable. They are selling stripped lowers for $89.99. (If you were to include shipping and transfer fee's even with tax they are cheaper than the Internet and probably the cheapest in the Baton Rouge area for stripped lowers.)

All of their prices are excellent.

I know they are not a member here, but coming from a sponsor that sells firearms their prices are untouchable.

Tell the crew at Pelican Pawn that Jason with Pelican Firearms sent you.

sksshooter

Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Any time I want a new gun I usually end up getting it from pelican in denham. I think I've bought 5-6 new guns and a couple used from them over the years. Nice people to deal with don't act like they know it all. Don't bug or hover over you all around great place to do business.

cvinson

We the People...
    Jun 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Any time I want a new gun I usually end up getting it from pelican in denham. I think I've bought 5-6 new guns and a couple used from them over the years. Nice people to deal with don't act like they know it all. Don't bug or hover over you all around great place to do business.

Second that! Routinely let behind the counter and allowed to handle the rifles i am interested in. Nice to not be treated like a moron when at a gun counter.

jasonj5313

Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    For the 1911 people, they had a sweet 1918 colt 1911 in there. I wanted to buy it but the wife shot me down. (it a had ww1 era mag with it)

The gun was not refinished, but was in good shape. To my in-trained eye it seemed that all the parts were period. (the grips were old, but may have been replaced)

03GeeTee

Feb 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I just wanted to let everyone know, Pelican Pawn in Denham Springs was re-supplied today. They have a bunch of Magpul swag. They only have a couple of Pelican Firearms/PSA rifles and stripped receivers. I talked to the Managers and their prices are un-beatable. They are selling stripped lowers for $89.99. (If you were to include shipping and transfer fee's even with tax they are cheaper than the Internet and probably the cheapest in the Baton Rouge area for stripped lowers.)

All of their prices are excellent.

I know they are not a member here, but coming from a sponsor that sells firearms their prices are untouchable.

Tell the crew at Pelican Pawn that Jason with Pelican Firearms sent you.

My friend just bought the last 2 stripped lowers they had today

jasonj5313

Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Yep, they will be re-supplied by the end of the week. It will be touch and go until we find a happy medium, in regards to inventory.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    For the 1911 people, they had a sweet 1918 colt 1911 in there. I wanted to buy it but the wife shot me down. (it a had ww1 era mag with it)

The gun was not refinished, but was in good shape. To my in-trained eye it seemed that all the parts were period. (the grips were old, but may have been replaced)

Thanks for the heads up Jason. I put her on layaway this afternoon :D

Top Bottom