People not pulling over for EMS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I must be a candy-ass ?
    When my cousin broke a couple of bone's in my right foot back in January, I drove from Ragley La. back to Lafayette so my wife could bring me to Laf. General where she work's.
    I guess I could have whined and sniveled for a ambulance ride. But then again I wait for no one .

Attachments

• IMG_0365 (800x598).jpg
      IMG_0365 (800x598).jpg
      39.2 KB · Views: 135

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I pull over for funeral's still, I notice some just wait for the Hearse to go by, don't get it at all. Some people just think they're down right better then most.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I must be a candy-ass ?
    When my cousin broke a couple of bone's in my right foot back in January, I drove from Ragley La. back to Lafayette so my wife could bring me to Laf. General where she work's.
    I guess I could have whined and sniveled for a ambulance ride. But then again I wait for no one .

That would have been a very expensive ride.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Back in college a sociology professor once told the class that the mindset of Americans changes from decade to decade. As in the 60's & 70's would have been the "We" decade, the 80's & 90's the "Me" decade and so on.

Welcome to the "new" age of "Me, myself, and I am a self important douche" decades!

I agree and from driving every night and being blinded by other vehicles. You know it used to be common courtesy to dim your lights when meeting another car or coming up behind one. Now with all this ME **** they don't seem to get a damn. It's like as long as I can see to hell with you. Also goes with all the high powered head and fog lights you see now, to hell with you I can see great attitude.

I was talking to a friend today and he's a cross country truck driver and he said people are blinding them in the 18 wheeler, I told him he should be close to the ground like I am in my little truck.

He did have a story for me, he used to be a big oval track racer back in the late 60's and 70's. He said one of the racers was on their way home late one night and some car kept getting right on their tail and putting bright lights on them. The figured they were trying to see the race car on the trailer but they kept doing it for many miles.
    He said they stopped the truck and trailer on small bridge and the car behind them had to stop behind them, still with the bright lights on them. One of the drivers Ray P. took out a ball peen hammer and knocked out the headlights got back in the truck and went on home.

Probably get shot now days doing that.

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Some people just become completely lost when faced with the stress of "oh God... what do I do and which way do I go"!!!! Panic mode!!

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Whats just as bad is the idiots that sneak right up behind the ambulance or fire truck when they pass and try drafting them through traffic. That $hit twists my nads in a knot. The sign on the back says stay back 500 feet, there I go thinking they can read !

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Driving in EMS is very dangerous due to the lack of compliance by traffic. People either do not yield, or yield improperly causing bad situations for us. What kills me is after riding someone for 3 miles running lights & sirens, they will finally pull over IN A CURVE or ON A HILL or both. Or just completely stop. I saw the comment about people in NO... this can be true except for at intersections. Taking a patient to ILH or Tulane while running code is a bitch one you get off the interstate. People are more worried about beating lights than yielding to us.

Last week an Acadian supervisor sprint truck would not pull over for one of our units running code. I will not name the highway or sprint truck, but thats just damn pathetic.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Friday night I saw what appeared to be an EMS unit that was involved in a wreck. It was on Transcontinental in Metairie. Looked like a small ricer driven by some 20-something year old male pulled out in front of the ambulance and was broad sided. If the accident was what it looked like, I hope the EMS team and the patient was ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

southlaems

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Houma, LA
    I drive a police car, fire truck and occasionally an ambulance. They move for none of them. Its funny to be sitting behind them for 10 or 15 seconds with electric siren going, air horn and the Q screaming before they turn down the radio and start the bob & weave looking in the mirrors or slam on the brakes.....

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I drive a police car, fire truck and occasionally an ambulance. They move for none of them. Its funny to be sitting behind them for 10 or 15 seconds with electric siren going, air horn and the Q screaming before they turn down the radio and start the bob & weave looking in the mirrors or slam on the brakes.....
    Alright, I will ask the million dollar question....what is your job? Lol. I can't think of any position that requires driving of all three. A copEMTfireman?

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Alright, I will ask the million dollar question....what is your job? Lol. I can't think of any position that requires driving of all three. A copEMTfireman?

I've done it before: Volunteer FF, PT LEO and FT EMS.

And, yes, it was exhausting as it sounds

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I've done it before: Volunteer FF, PT LEO and FT EMS.

And, yes, it was exhausting as it sounds
    Sounds like a lot of work. I wouldn't mind doing volunteer FF or EMS work later in life.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I'm a member of a rural volunteer fire dept. Some of the roads we travel are in poor condition, barely blacktopped, sometimes with no shoulders. On occasion we have sucked in our gut while passing cars where it was not safe for them to pull off. And then other times where there is room, some idiots won't give an inch!
    Granted, we don't often use the sirens out in the country, just lights, but hey, if you see a rather large tanker or pumper coming up fast with all kinds of red & whites, you'd think the drivers would WANT to get out of it's way!

I get out of the way if possible. My Acura sits low and has factory low profile tires. Some areas I can't pull over. If I drove a pickup most roads are no problem except roads like areas of Babin Rd. etc.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    It's all relative, sometimes folks GTFO of the way and sometimes they dont. I have noticed the few times I've followed EMS that they generally get a bit more compliance... Seems likes folks recognize (sometimes slowly) that it's a firetruck or ambulance, and all that is required of them is to move. Throw a bunch of blues in the mix and people immediately think back to every traffic violation they have committed EVER and assume we're coming for them, so they slam on the damn brakes.

Top Bottom