Pepper Spray Replacement

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Do any of you guys replace your EDC pepper spray canisters on any sort of a regular basis? My wife and I each carry a can of Foxlabs that I bought over a year ago. I don't know how old I should let it get and still consider it reliable. I'm reluctant to test it out in my back yard. On another note, what would be the best way to dispose of old canisters? I certainly can't imagine just chucking a full can of pepper spray in the trash can.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Most will have an expiration date stamped on the csnister. the pepper does not go bad, but you can lose pressurization inthe can.

if you have ever deployed it, you really should replace it even if you did not use it all, because once deployed, it can have a slow unnoticeable leak that will render it useless when you need it next. That said, the one I have in my truck proibably expired in 2004. Only way you know is to try it.I wold say keep it a year or two past expiration then use it for training. they are relatively cheap. I have a bunch of cans I got for free from conferences.

If you have never been sprayed, have someone spray you with your old can and then try to draw a TRAINING GUN and see how you can manipulate it or try to strike a bag or something. The problem with pepper spray is that unless you really know what you are doing, you normally get sprayed more than the person you are trying to spray. You need to know the effects and that you can fight through it....which also means others can too if they are determined enough.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Possible other replacement Options

This should surfice to meet your spray demands!
    Does not expire either LOL
    IMG_0028.jpg

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    test it every few months or so to make sure the propellant is still good, as long as it it still sprays it will be fine. My can at work is a year expired. The first can I ever got sprayed with was 2 years expired, trust me the pepper doesnt lose any heat!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom