perceived carry decoys

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I love it!!!
    I hope the vet makes tons of money!
    And if the buyer feels safer, more power to them

I'm sticking with the real thing tho

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I have candy corn for sale as extra ammo for the fake gun. You need at least 100 rounds of fake ammo, just to be on the safe side.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So....ok, correct me if I'm wrong but, what they're selling is a fake gun to make people think they are carrying a concealed weapon? A weapon that you never want anybody to know you are carrying? That's like going around your elbow to get to your ass. No, actually it's not. I can almost understand a fellow choosing to go around his elbow if he just likes to take the long way...
    I really don't know what to make of this. Is this like, mounting sights on the side of a Glock?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Like a wonder bra, or a sock stuffed into your trousers. It's all fine and dandy, but when it's time for action, it won't do you any good.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    So....ok, correct me if I'm wrong but, what they're selling is a fake gun to make people think they are carrying a concealed weapon? A weapon that you never want anybody to know you are carrying? That's like going around your elbow to get to your ass. No, actually it's not. I can almost understand a fellow choosing to go around his elbow if he just likes to take the long way...
    I really don't know what to make of this. Is this like, mounting sights on the side of a Glock?

No, it's for open carry.

They should include a free "Open Carry" badge with every purchase.
    badge20open20carry20mall20ninja.jpg

A PCD device is meant to be a means of crime deterrent, rather than a means of self defense. After all, who's going to run up on a person with a gun?

While these are not actual firearms, their extreme resemblance to real guns tucked neatly in a holster may be enough to give you the jump on anyone who may wish to do you or your family harm.

The whole purpose of open carry is to give off the "don't mess with me" persona. The whole purpose of Perceived Carry Decoys is to give off the appearance that you too are ready for anyone, anywhere.

EDIT:
    Maybe this badge would be better.
    attachment.php

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Not only is this ridiculous, but its dangerous. Deterring crime by brandishing a weapon is one thing... but brandishing a fake weapon is entirely something else. The message they're sending is "Don't mess with me or you'll get shot!", however, how many times have we seen criminals that pull weapons on FULLY armed Law Enforcement Officers? They will take their chances and then laugh at these people when they shoot them, attempt to steal their weapon, and realize it's not a real firearm.

From what I can see, it doesn't even come out of the holster. More than likely an airsoft pistol glued into a Fobus holster.

From their website...

These devices are for those who wish to feel protected but do not want the hassle of owning an actual firearm - FEEL protected???? In what way??? They might as well go to the store and buy their own Airsoft pistol and an Fobus holster and wear it on their hip (it would probably be cheaper!).

PCD's require no background check or permit since they are not actual firearms - This might work if EVERYONE on the street had one on their belt... because then you wouldn't know who's was real. On the other side of that coin, you also wouldn't know who could LEGALLY carry a real weapon (in those states that require permits or background checks).

Store doesn't have your favorite ammunition in stock? - Seriously??? This is a "benefit"? Because the store doesn't have 9mm ammo, I'll just wear a fake weapon until they do?????????? Unbelievable!

Want to wear in a parking lot and stow away in purse once you've reached your destination and not fear a discharge? - Again, seriously? A fear of accidental discharge? If you're afraid of this and don't know the steps to prevent it, you shouldn't be carrying a firearm in the first place, real or not!

Don't want the fear of young children finding a loaded weapon by mistake? - Let's do away with personal responsibility and instead of teaching small children to respect firearms, or using our common sense and putting them where they CAN'T get to them (A safe for instance), lets allow them to play with the toy weapons because it won't hurt them if they find it. Is that really doing anyone any good?

Give your unarmed security staff a more authoritative presence - I don't even want to get into how dangerous this is. The image of Paul Blart Mall Cop comes to mind. "Put your hand on your belt and give the appearance you have a weapon!" - Just as effective!

Shop owners concerned about robbery - If an opportunity presents itself, in the blink of an eye someone walks in and pulls a weapon... they normally aren't casing the place or do a whole lot of recon prior to making a decision to commit the crime. The store owner showing the weapon would do nothing but make sure the criminals know he's got to get the first bullet before he can pull his "weapon" and fire back.

Know someone who could benefit from carrying a handgun, but aren't safety conscious? - Not carrying a handgun because they are not safety conscious... so lets pretend they can carry one, non working... that they can't even practice with to BECOME safety conscious. Not to mention... THOSE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE CARRYING WEAPONS unless they are comfortable and properly trained!!

Don't want to be approached by a criminal element? - This is probably the ONLY statement or question in this list that I can say may benefit the wearer. Having a "firearm" on your hip that is visible would tend to deter someone from committing a crime against that person. However, criminals are spontaneous and thrive on opportunity. They may WANT your weapon... or the plastic version of a very expensive weapon you're wearing.

This product is an all around BAD idea. Not to mention, you can do this NOW without someone charging you extra for it. If there was a need for such a product, the idiots who would be in the market for it would have already purchased the replica firearms and holster... who knows, they may already be doing this! I mean, these ideas come from somewhere!

What does make me sad is the founder of this company is an ex-marine vet! That in itself is crazy! If this guy saw any combat at all I'm sure he wouldn't want to patrol the streets of Fallujah with a "fake" pistol as a deterrent.

Definitely on the DO NOT RECOMMEND list. Make the purchaser gets a free "SHOOT ME" bullseye T-Shirt with every purchase!!!!

I have some Styrofoam that I could market as fake ballistic panels for plate carriers or BPVs... in case they want to feel even more confident.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Not only is this ridiculous, but its dangerous. Deterring crime by brandishing a weapon is one thing... but brandishing a fake weapon is entirely something else. The message they're sending is "Don't mess with me or you'll get shot!", however, how many times have we seen criminals that pull weapons of FULLY armed Law Enforcement Officers? They will take their chances and then laugh at these people when they shoot them, attempt to steal their weapon, and realize it's not a real firearm.

From what I can see, it doesn't even come out of the holster. More than likely an airsoft pistol glued into a Fobus holster.

From their website...

These devices are for those who wish to feel protected but do not want the hassle of owning an actual firearm - FEEL protected???? In what way??? They might as well go to the store and buy their own Airsoft pistol and an Fobus holster and wear it on their hip (it would probably be cheaper!).

PCD's require no background check or permit since they are not actual firearms - This might work if EVERYONE on the street had one on their belt... because then you wouldn't know who's was real. On the other side of that coin, you also wouldn't know who could LEGALLY carry a real weapon (in those states that require permits or background checks).

Store doesn't have your favorite ammunition in stock? - Seriously??? This is a "benefit"? Because the store doesn't have 9mm ammo, I'll just wear a fake weapon until they do?????????? Unbelievable!

Want to wear in a parking lot and stow away in purse once you've reached your destination and not fear a discharge? - Again, seriously? A fear of accidental discharge? If you're afraid of this and don't know the steps to prevent it, you shouldn't be carrying a firearm in the first place, real or not!

Don't want the fear of young children finding a loaded weapon by mistake? - Let's do away with personal responsibility and instead of teaching small children to respect firearms, or using our common sense and putting them where they CAN'T get to them (A safe for instance), lets allow them to play with the toy weapons because it won't hurt them if they find it. Is that really doing anyone any good?

Give your unarmed security staff a more authoritative presence - I don't even want to get into how dangerous this is.

Shop owners concerned about robbery - If an opportunity presents itself, in the blink of an eye someone walks in and pulls a weapon... they normally aren't casing the place or do a whole lot of recon prior to making a decision to commit the crime. The store owner showing the weapon would do nothing but make sure the criminals know he's got to get the first bullet before he can pull his "weapon" and fire back.

Know someone who could benefit from carrying a handgun, but aren't safety conscious? - Not carrying a handgun because they are not safety conscious... so lets pretend they can carry one, non working... that they can't even practice with to BECOME safety conscious. Not to mention... THOSE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE CARRYING WEAPONS unless they are comfortable and properly trained!!

Don't want to be approached by a criminal element? - This is probably the ONLY statement or question in this list that I can say may benefit the wearer. Having a "firearm" on your hip that is visible would tend to deter someone from committing a crime against that person. However, criminals are spontaneous and thrive on opportunity. They may WANT your weapon... or the plastic version of a very expensive weapon you're wearing.

This product is an all around BAD idea. Not to mention, you can do this NOW without someone charging you extra for it. If there was a need for such a product, the idiots who would be in the market for it would have already purchased the replica firearms and holster... who knows, they may already be doing this! I mean, these ideas come from somewhere!

What does make me sad is the founder of this company is an ex-marine vet! That in itself is crazy! If this guy saw any combat at all I'm sure he wouldn't want to patrol the streets of Fallujah with a "fake" pistol as a deterrent.

Definitely on the DO NOT RECOMMEND list. Make the purchaser gets a free "SHOOT ME" bullseye T-Shirt with every purchase!!!!

You had far more energy to dispense on the subject than I did. I could have left it at "wow. thats dumb." but I'll spice it up with "wow. thats going to get people killed."

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    The whole thing is satire. There are no prices on the products. The pictures are of real firearms. This person is trolling and will need a great big ship with all the fish he is catching.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    The whole thing is satire. There are no prices on the products. The pictures are of real firearms. This person is trolling and will need a great big ship with all the fish he is catching.

I was thinking "They sure did a good job replicating the look of real guns"

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA

If he's got it out there just for sh!ts and giggles, he has spent money doing so. He's got accounts with the online shopping cart provider "shopsite" which is anywhere from $5 to $60 monthly, domain purchase and hosting. Domain was registered via domain.com on 12-4-14... a little over a month ago and their facebook page is updated regularly.

There are also a number of other sites claiming further information... like price quoting... "Defender-1121 will start at $79.99". And that the founder is supposed to be appearing on Shark Tank TV in Miami this week (actually was supposed to be the 9th, but I don't watch the show, so I don't know if they were actually on it). There are apparently no prices on the existing website because he is only taking pre-orders via direct contact (from what I've read).

Though, most if not all reviews of the company/products that I've come across have been "stupidity" and negative... it's quite possible the guy backed off due to the feedback he received or he's waiting to see the demand or support before he takes it to the table. They're combating opposition by saying pro gun owners are focusing on open carry practices as making the wearer a target.

I wouldn't really worry about it unless the guy actually goes into production with it. It's just an idiotic idea and anyone buying into it can't be the smartest in the bunch.

Last edited:

Glockrunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    It's possible that this was his market research.

Domain for a month or so is pretty cheap, fb free, so he's not out any huge sum to float it and see how goes.

Basically he fired a shot and ..... it was a squib.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom