Permit issue time after approval

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kennyo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I recieved my permit approved email about 2 weeks ago and paid immediately by credit card. Got a confirmTion email a minute or so later. How long does it take to actually get the permit after payment? Will it come in the mail?

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    Call me crazy, I've noticed since our last election in state and the resulteD tally of votes ( emphasis on he D ) that the permits have been plagued with issues.
    Wait times, people getting held up, etcetera

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    This is the email my wife got on May 31st after we paid online for the renewal:

Application for Concealed Handgun Permit submitted on 5/2/2016 8:17:00 AM was APPROVED.
    You may not carry a concealed weapon until you receive your permit. You will receive your permit in the U.S. Postal Service mail within 10-15 business days.

That was 24 business days ago. She called the number in the email after 20 days and got a fabulous response from somebody speaking less than proper English, and with all the ghetto attitude we have come to know and love from your typical government worker, saying it takes 30-60 days. My wife tried to bring up that the email stated 10-15 days, but that went about as well as expected.

In the end, this is the government you are dealing with, so anywhere from 2-4 times the stated time frame should be expected.

Last edited:

Surfmonkey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Covington, LA
    Submitted electronically...they want me to send in my two finger print cards. Is all I send them is the two cards in an envelope or do I send something with them so they can maybe match them with my application? Just doesn't seem like that is all I have to do...The fact that they requested my finger prints, is that an indication that they "approved" the electronic app and only need the prints to make it approved? Hard to get info from them...

Kennyo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    This is the email my wife got on May 31st after we paid online for the renewal:

Application for Concealed Handgun Permit submitted on 5/2/2016 8:17:00 AM was APPROVED.
    You may not carry a concealed weapon until you receive your permit. You will receive your permit in the U.S. Postal Service mail within 10-15 business days.

That was 24 business days ago. She called the number in the email after 20 days and got a fabulous response from somebody speaking less than proper English, and with all the ghetto attitude we have come to know and love from your typical government worker, saying it takes 30-60 days. My wife tried to bring up that the email stated 10-15 days, but that went about as well as expected.

In the end, this is the government you are dealing with, so anywhere from 2-4 times the stated time frame should be expected.

I'm all paid up and approved. Just waiting on the actual permit to be mailed. It's been three weeks and nothing yet. Applied in February approved in June. Still waiting.

egcivicsi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    marrero
    applied online on march 21
    received 2nd email on march 21 to send in fingerprints.
    havent received anything else since then. i emailed to check on status they said they are working on applications from february.

*edited*
    just received an Accepted application email this morning. made my payment now i wait for my permit

Last edited:

sacosta66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Submitted electronically...they want me to send in my two finger print cards. Is all I send them is the two cards in an envelope or do I send something with them so they can maybe match them with my application? Just doesn't seem like that is all I have to do...The fact that they requested my finger prints, is that an indication that they "approved" the electronic app and only need the prints to make it approved? Hard to get info from them...

If you can go to State Police Headquarters in Baton Rouge and do your prints, GO!!!
    I submitted my app online. Local PD did my finger prints and I mailed them the next day. Took over 4 months to inform me that the fingerprints I submitted were no good and to resubmit.

Kennyo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I'm all paid up and approved. Just waiting on the actual permit to be mailed. It's been three weeks and nothing yet. Applied in February approved in June. Still waiting.

Still waiting. Approved and paid in full on June 22nd.

Top Bottom