Pet Peeves.. Mod please close..thread went south

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Biggest one

th

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I'm fairly straight forward. If I like you, great. If I don't, I won't act like your super best friend to your face.

I'd rather a brush off and a blunt version "I'm sorry, but I think our personalities clash" than I would feigned interest. Nothing pisses me off more than that. Also a very strong reason why I distrust as much as I do.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    "Diversity training through television commercials".

Do we really need commercials to teach us that certain products/services are seemingly approved and safe for all races currently represented in the United States? :doh:

Corny. :dogkeke:

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    too many to list, but I would say the worst is the left lane drivers and the idiots that pull out in front of me and I actually have to jam on the brakes to avoid a collision....

KaCajun Boy

Crazy Kracker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    NOLA
    For all of ya'll with the left lane driver one ya'll forgetting another one, how about when people want to ride the merge lane as far as they can when there is stand still traffic? I usually put have my truck in the merge lane as it starts to narrow down or even when they ride the shoulder to bypass the traffic. But my biggest is the boat launch, have everything in the boat and it unstrapped and ready to go.

TomW

Recreational Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Prairieville, LA
    People who borrow something, take there time returning it, then when you get it back you find it (dirty, empty, bent, broken, missing pieces, etc.). How many times have we heard that someone will treat it like it's their own...sorry not good enough. Treat it like it was someone else's who was good enough to let you use it.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Fund raisers for my kids' school....Including over-priced ornaments, wrapping paper, and chocolate bars...that have the ultimatum "if you're kid doesn't sell "X" amount of items, then they can't [insert activity here]

No frikin kidding... My kids' school does that. If the family doesn't sell X items, the kid(s) don't get an icecream party on a certain date. They have to sit in the library alone with the the other kids who's family didn't "pimp" enough for them.

To top it off, two years ago, my youngest was redirected to the library even though her older sister was allowed into the party. They f'ed up and had her on the "naughty" list. I'm done with that crap.

Hey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    South LA
    "Ya feel me?"

No, I do not desire to "feel you". I can contemplate your emotions and ideas, but not physically touch either.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    Strippers who refuse to tell me their real name, phone number and address. What if I need to notify them to get checked out because they gave me an STD?

but really, I hate Powerpoint. It seems like everyone who outranks me wants a pretty Powerpoint presentation.

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Minor pet peeve but those who pronounce "similar" as "sim-U-lar", "McDonalds" as "MAC-Donalds", "cavalry" as "CAL-VEREY", "Nuclear" as "NUKE-Q-LAR" on that last one I'm looking at you George Bush. :)

Dave

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    My pet peve is smart phones. I'm tired of watching people stare at their bellies making a stupid face. Yes you do, you make a retard face as you text and play games. I'm tired of sitting in my break room at work where their used to be conversation and just watching people play angry birds.

I also have a pet peve on stuff that begans with my. Mylowes.com, myuhc.com. At my work, everything on the web page was changed to my benifits, my records, my it support. On weather.com, it's my hourly forcast. NO IT'S NOT! It's everyone's hourly forcast.. Actually, it's just the hourly forcast, nothing more!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom