PF-9 vs. PPS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daxt79

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    What are some opinions on the Kel-Tec PF-9? I was looking at the Wather PPS for concealment but came across the PF-9 today for about half the price. Now I'm not sure if the price difference justifies getting the PPS.:confused:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Kel Tec is decent, but not good (IMHO) not a gun you want to actually shoot/practice with alot.

I'd take a J frame or Subcompact Glock over it.

PPs... Was Ok in it's day... it has been surpased.
    Why go with it when you can have a 9mm in smaller/less weight.
    (And the triggers suck)

$0.02

PS: Chicks dig the Walthers though....

wallstdevil

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    New Orleans
    Kahr CW9, but I heard that their customer services are horrible. I have the PF9 and I love it, very easy to conceal with Uncle Mike holster. I had shot all three and the recoil are about the same, not a fun range guns.

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    The PF-9 only comes in a 9mm, and there have been reports that the PPS has had some teething pains. If you really want a micro .40, the Kahr is your best bet. Personally, if I was looking for a ultra small .40, I'd ask around the Kel-Tec forums for a used P40. I mean, if you're dead set on shooting a small, unpleasant gun, may as well get one that holds lots of bullets.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I have had a good report on the PPS from one of the forum members. He has around 800 - 900 rounds through his without a hiccup. He really likes it.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    I have about 500rnds thru my PPS. I'll go another 500 or so before I carry it. Depending on the type of shirt I'm wearing, I will either carry the XD or PPS

I shot a buddy of mine's Kahr 40 and man did that thing suck ass. He had to send it back after I tried to shoot with it

Last edited:

bayoutrigger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Alexandria, La.
    I have a Kahr CW 40 which frankly is not a very good range gun. It's like holding on to a tiger for 50 to 150 rounds of defensive practice shooting.

I have been looking at the M&P, PPS or Glock 27 as a replacement. The XD compact was in the running until someone pointed out to me that if for any reason I could not establish a firm grip high on the handle to manipulated the grip safety (Injured, weak hand, for whatever reason) the gun would not fire. Now I see the grip safety on the XD as a negative instead of a plus.

The PPS and M&P are both made by Smith & Wesson. From what I've read so far the M&P is given the higher marks of the 2.

1911heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2007
    The PPS is really thin, mine has worked perfectey right out of the box. The trigger pull travel is shorter than a Glock (IMHO). I HATE the magazine latch, it's not a typical "button" for your thumb, it's part of the trigger guard. Ambidextrous- yes, handy- no

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mike_717
    Top Bottom