Phil Robertson off of Duck Dynasty for a while due to his gay comments.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Problem is its not his show, its the networks show and they want to be seen a certain way and not other ways. Their "employees" like phil reflect on the network and if that image is not what the network believes to be in its best interest then this kind of thing happens?

Do i care? Not really, a grown ass man can think how he wants to think.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    It's ok to be pro-gay, no body says s##t. But speak your mind and be anti-gay, god forbid what a bunch of hypocrites. I guess freedom of speech is only one way in this sad country!

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Problem is its not his show, its the networks show and they want to be seen a certain way and not other ways. Their "employees" like phil reflect on the network and if that image is not what the network believes to be in its best interest then this kind of thing happens?

Do i care? Not really, a grown ass man can think how he wants to think.

No, as this proves you really can't. Especially if God forbid you say so publicly and without apology. Beliefs are dangerous things to the left.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    I heard somewhere that the network didnt whant Phill saying a Prayer at the dinner table every episode. So now its not only no God but you cant speak your opinions either? F*** the network.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I hope the rest of them walk.

This was most likely a hit-piece, anyway. He has strong beliefs about such matters, and the interviewer had to know that- if they did any research at all.

I'm not surprised he gave an honest answer. But brutal honesty isn't in fashion, these days. People would rather be lied to.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It was actually a really good article. And what he said wasn't even offensive at all.

I'd chalk it up to a marketing/PR decision if anything. He says something that creates the smallest of buzz, they give him a "timeout", and what do you know half the internet is hootin' and hollerin' about it and they probably just sold another million bobble heads.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I hope the rest of them walk.

This was most likely a hit-piece, anyway. He has strong beliefs about such matters, and the interviewer had to know that- if they did any research at all.

I'm not surprised he gave an honest answer. But brutal honesty isn't in fashion, these days. People would rather be lied to.

I bet his duck call sales to the gay duck hunters go down.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    It was actually a really good article. And what he said wasn't even offensive at all.

I'd chalk it up to a marketing/PR decision if anything. He says something that creates the smallest of buzz, they give him a "timeout", and what do you know half the internet is hootin' and hollerin' about it and they probably just sold another million bobble heads.

ding ding ding.

My money is on that horse.

mrmojo32

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    Geezzz if Robertson could invent a gay duck call maybe he would be forgiven by the producers of the show. I don't know how well it would work though depending on what percentage of an average flock of mallards is gay. You know, mix the gay call in with the feeding call. LOL

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Geezzz if Robertson could invent a gay duck call maybe he would be forgiven by the producers of the show. I don't know how well it would work though depending on what percentage of an average flock of mallards is gay. You know, mix the gay call in with the feeding call. LOL

I'm not a duck hunter but don't you have to blow the call and not suck it. :dunno:

Top Bottom