Phil Robertson off of Duck Dynasty for a while due to his gay comments.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    He does the show for the money, because you know what people with money want? Mo'money!!!

If it don't air on A&E, it will somewhere else.

All kidding aside, if Phil Robertson is as principled as he appears; then he is a hell of a role model. Can you imagine how nice things would be if those slugs in Hollywood had principles on par with this guy.

There is not one of them that I can think of that would miss an opportunity to clamor for more adoration and attention being interviewed by Barbara Walters. There are practically none, that would stand up against the phony liberal agenda in print or on set. And even less that would throw it all away to just live the simple life this believers God gave him.

It would be refreshing to know if this departure was his true feelings!

I don't believe in what he believes, but you have to respect his steadfastness on what he does!

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    While Robertson did not apologize for his comments, he did explain them in a statement: "I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    He does the show for the money, because you know what people with money want? Mo'money!!!

What's wrong with that? Not just rich folk want money...... My broke ass is right there with them. You can't tell me that if someone told you by just filming you and putting your face on every damn thing you could be rich beyond your wildest dreams, that you would turn them down. Nobody in their right mind would turn down that offer.

I didn't realize that just because a person is on TV that makes them an automatic role model. Parents need to get off of their ass, put down the cell phones and ipads, and be a damn role model to their own kids. I'm freaking tired of people bitching that some jack leg on TV is not being a good role model and is corrupting their children. Be a damn parent for once and quit putting of your faults on someone else.

As far as GLAAD goes, I have nothing against gay people. You do you and I'll do me. If you want the misery of marriage, then by all means go to the court house and sign on that line. If that is truely your life partner, then you should be entitled to their life insurance benefits and such as I am with my wife. In the end, I still know that Darwin will eventually win out. We were put here to reproduce and as long as a man is screwing another man or a woman is doing her thing with another woman, they won't. Plain and damn simple.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    What's wrong with that? Not just rich folk want money...... My broke ass is right there with them. You can't tell me that if someone told you by just filming you and putting your face on every damn thing you could be rich beyond your wildest dreams, that you would turn them down. Nobody in their right mind would turn down that offer.

I didn't realize that just because a person is on TV that makes them an automatic role model. Parents need to get off of their ass, put down the cell phones and ipads, and be a damn role model to their own kids. I'm freaking tired of people bitching that some jack leg on TV is not being a good role model and is corrupting their children. Be a damn parent for once and quit putting of your faults on someone else.

As far as GLAAD goes, I have nothing against gay people. You do you and I'll do me. If you want the misery of marriage, then by all means go to the court house and sign on that line. If that is truely your life partner, then you should be entitled to their life insurance benefits and such as I am with my wife. In the end, I still know that Darwin will eventually win out. We were put here to reproduce and as long as a man is screwing another man or a woman is doing her thing with another woman, they won't. Plain and damn simple.

Nothing if that is what you want, but I would rather live a happy life than be rich and miserable. And I don't want camera's following me and my family around, I'm fine with my job and paying my bills, I don't need there money and the Robertson's didn't either. But the whole more thing is what comes to mind. I work with some of the family, I have some friends that have known and hunted with Phil for a long time. And until he found God, he was running out of bridges to burn back then, but he's a great guy and great friend they say. But the show has really changed them somewhat, they want to make as much as possible to leave a legacy for the younger family members, and spread the good word. Which is all good, but believe you got to sell out some to do that. I admire him for pushing his faith and family show, it's good to have positive things come from our state on TV like this show. But I don't believe for one minute he did this to get out of his contract which is what my statement referred too. So I don't know why the **** your asking me what's wrong with that.

And the rest of your post must be for someone else, because I never said anything about a role model. Some of y'all are going nuts over this ****. really

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    It'd take more than reality stars get, even with merchandising,, for me to accept that. I'd sooner work for my money the traditional way and have more control over my life.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I would like the left to question some leaders of the peace loving mooslim community how they feel about the issue. Hmmm don't think we will see that. I wonder if he held their beliefs if he would be tossed off his own show?

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell

You sure he doesn't do it to spread the Gospel? He's pretty much said as much already: "My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ"

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I've had the chance to hear him speak on several occasions in the past, long before there was a reality show. Mostly at outdoor events where he'd put on a duck seminar, etc.

I assure you- he's been spreading the same message for quite some time, now.

Sure- the man has had his wilder days. Most of us have. ;) But he isn't bashful about his beliefs, and I believe he is sincere about them.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Nothing if that is what you want, but I would rather live a happy life than be rich and miserable. And I don't want camera's following me and my family around, I'm fine with my job and paying my bills, I don't need there money and the Robertson's didn't either. But the whole more thing is what comes to mind. I work with some of the family, I have some friends that have known and hunted with Phil for a long time. And until he found God, he was running out of bridges to burn back then, but he's a great guy and great friend they say. But the show has really changed them somewhat, they want to make as much as possible to leave a legacy for the younger family members, and spread the good word. Which is all good, but believe you got to sell out some to do that. I admire him for pushing his faith and family show, it's good to have positive things come from our state on TV like this show. But I don't believe for one minute he did this to get out of his contract which is what my statement referred too. So I don't know why the **** your asking me what's wrong with that.

And the rest of your post must be for someone else, because I never said anything about a role model. Some of y'all are going nuts over this ****. really

The rest of the post was just as an in general. Not directed towards you. My apologies if you took it that way. I don't know these people from Adam, but as far as I can tell, they are what is right with America. If the show never comes back on again, it wouldn't bother me. It bothers me when the world cowers to such a small group for the sake of political correctness.

It'd take more than reality stars get, even with merchandising,, for me to accept that. I'd sooner work for my money the traditional way and have more control over my life.

Hell I have no problem with working for the money the old fashion way. That's the only way myself and my family has ever known. But it sure would be nice to have that mailbox money rolling in to where I can maybe spend a little less time at work and little more time wih my family. Maybe introduce my son to the outdoors and the wonders of Sportsman's Paradise.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    1t9izvx8pdlpg9rw2ta.jpg

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    There are tons of people out there just looking for a reason to get butt hurt.
    Someone makes a statement about "their" beliefs and suddenly it's an attack on another persons way of life.
    The GQ interview was candid true Phil. A&E had to make a statement since he works for them.
    And someone earlier is probably correct, there are gays in the A&E executive suites.
    Freedom of speech is only good to a certain point.
    If only we had a black, Jewish, gay midget on here to tell us his thoughts.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    There are tons of people out there just looking for a reason to get butt hurt.
    Someone makes a statement about "their" beliefs and suddenly it's an attack on another persons way of life.
    The GQ interview was candid true Phil. A&E had to make a statement since he works for them.
    And someone earlier is probably correct, there are gays in the A&E executive suites.
    Freedom of speech is only good to a certain point.
    If only we had a black, Jewish, gay midget on here to tell us his thoughts.
    Easy there, mister... They prefer to be called "little people"... :D

K9CopSGT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Lutcher, LA
    George Takei lands a statement on this issue:
    Many fans asked for my thoughts on the "Duck Dynasty" controversy. They pressed and pressed, but I refused to quack.

But I can't duck this issue forever. I don't really care feather someone on a reality show said something about gays that didn't fit the bill. He's entitled to his opinion, even if it's for the birds. But the network also is worried about flocking with its base, so if it feels it should drake him over the coals for making his fowl comments, so be it.

So that's migrate opinion.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    http://www.wbrz.com/files/DuckDynastyfamilystatement.pdf

The family is standing by Phil:

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: *Love the Lord your God with all your heart* and *Love your neighbor as yourself.* Phil would never incite or encourage hate. We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom