Pistol brace ruling

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For all of the "I ToAd U sEw" people, the injunction doesn't say what you seem to think it says. This injunction does not do away with the rule. Nor does it say anything about the constitutionality of the rule. The injunction says the atf cannot enforce the rule while the case is making its way through the courts. The case hasn't been concluded. And the injunction was granted because the atf violated the administrative procedures act. The injunction does not say the rule is unconstitutional because violating the apa was enough for the injunction. The atf will appeal if they haven't already. If they lose, they can request the supreme court review the injunction. On top of all that, the actual case still has to be heard. If the atf loses the case due to administrative reasons rather than constitutional reasons, they need only submit a new rule in accordance with the apa and the fight starts over.

So while this is indeed a victory, it is not THE victory.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    For all of the "I ToAd U sEw" people, the injunction doesn't say what you seem to think it says. This injunction does not do away with the rule. Nor does it say anything about the constitutionality of the rule. The injunction says the atf cannot enforce the rule while the case is making its way through the courts. The case hasn't been concluded. And the injunction was granted because the atf violated the administrative procedures act. The injunction does not say the rule is unconstitutional because violating the apa was enough for the injunction. The atf will appeal if they haven't already. If they lose, they can request the supreme court review the injunction. On top of all that, the actual case still has to be heard. If the atf loses the case due to administrative reasons rather than constitutional reasons, they need only submit a new rule in accordance with the apa and the fight starts over.

Baaaa … move on sheep… lol :dogkeke:

1699749828306.jpeg

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

I don’t think anyone here was confused on the injunction from reading through this thread but thanks for the clarification of what the injunction is.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I wish it were the case this issue is dead for the foreseeable future. I don't believe this was a constitutional decision. I believe the courts said the atf violated the rule making procedure. If the atf doesn't appeal this or doesn't win the appeal, they can simply resubmit a new rule that follows the listed procedure.
    I think that the court basically said that braced pistols are protected by the second amendment, but as a matter of policy the court does not rule on a constitutional issue if there are other grounds to decide the case.

Basically they said “this is probably unconstitutional, but we won’t rule on that issue because we can throw it out based on the APA violation”.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I wish it were the case this issue is dead for the foreseeable future. I don't believe this was a constitutional decision. I believe the courts said the atf violated the rule making procedure. If the atf doesn't appeal this or doesn't win the appeal, they can simply resubmit a new rule that follows the listed procedure.
    I think that the court basically said that braced pistols are protected by the second amendment, but as a matter of policy the court does not rule on a constitutional issue if there are other grounds to decide the case.

Basically they said “this is probably unconstitutional, but we won’t rule on that issue because we can throw it out based on the APA violation”.

"This is probably unconstitutional, but we won’t rule on that issue" = this is not a constitutional decision
    "because we can throw it out based on the APA violation” = the atf violated the rule making procedure

I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or not.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    "This is probably unconstitutional, but we won’t rule on that issue" = this is not a constitutional decision
    "because we can throw it out based on the APA violation” = the atf violated the rule making procedure

I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or not.
    Seems like you’re confused…

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom