Pistol braces and the ATF…

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So, they’re saying they’ll have a final rendering in August of this year…
    Any thoughts on WTF would take so long? Where the coin will land?
    My thoughts are they’re giving us time to play with them before they turn millions of law abiding citizens into supposed felons overnight.
    At this rate the word felon might wind up being a political party by the next term…

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    This is why I was never suckered in with "Pistol" braces. We all know what they are and it was only a matter of time before the ATF cracked down on them. Now I would love for the NFA to be appealed but that will never happen.

Last edited:

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Then why didn’t he when he was POTUS? They were all the rage during his presidency and he did not even mention a potential ban.
    Trump was a 1,000 times better president than Biden or Obama , that I agree with . What bothered me about Trump was he was not as much of a friend to gun owners as he pretended . One mass shooting where a bump stock was mentioned and he by Executive Order out lawed them . One nut went on shooting spree with a 45 with a suppressor and Trump said he was not a fan of suppressors and might look into doing something about them . His son or handlers got ahold of him and convinced him to back off that real quick . Had a few AR pistols been used in mass shootings he probably would have outlawed them by executive order .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    If they ban them, then screw it, go the sbr route, and don't bother with all the NFA garbage. I can't remember how many times I've brought my shorty AR and nobody never once looked to make sure it was in "legal configuration". (It is, but I've never once been asked about it.)

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    As far as I’ve read it it seemed as if ATF has no leg to stand on…. The original insertion of the lawsuit definition pretty much has been ruled out with a new supreme court ruling for pistols, but the ATF continues to use that as a originating definition/ tactic that was just ruled down….. but only time will tell….

I already have quite a few SBR’s and suppressors, so it wouldn’t hurt me to add them especially if they pay for the stamp , but it doesn’t make it right for law-abiding citizens infringing on their rights….

I would consider it a win if they decide to pay for the tax stamp…. If that is even a win, I guess about the same win as a veteran being able to conceal carry legally now and the legal citizen can’t without an application/approval and tax fees ….

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedactedUsername
    Top Bottom