Place to hunt?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I am looking for somewhere for my wife and I to hunt squirrels, hogs, and even deer or ducks if possible. I have been working a lot the last few years and havent gotten to hunt as much as I used to and she is new to it. Does anyone know of anywhere, preferably not too far from the Baton Rouge area however I will travel if there is lodging nearby.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I am assuming you mean the Maurepas Swamp WMA. I found it on their website and it looks decent. Does anyone know of a place to park and walk in to hunt in there?

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    Been looking at it today and only found boat access. Does anyone know where I can go in on foot here? The wife and I would like to go squirrel hunting tomorrow.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Been looking at it today and only found boat access. Does anyone know where I can go in on foot here? The wife and I would like to go squirrel hunting tomorrow.

You cannot park on the I-10 (or at least you are not supposed to), to access that WMA, even though I see it done every deer season. And I think you need to self check-in!?!

What I would do, were I in your situation; I would go now and drive up and down the I-10 in that stretch within the WMA, find some promising looking trees and terrain, and have a friend drop me off on the side of the I-10before sun-up in the morning and wing it!

Now you might be able to get away with parking under the bridge at Blind River, since I see people launch boats there alot. On the west side of I-10 is some dry land. I have even seen some deer sign in there when I was rabbit hunting in there many years ago.

Braud05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Gonzales
    Its tough hunting,man. Make sure to have snake boots and mosquito dope. You can park off of airline and walk in,but need to go to St James to check in first. Good luck.

Top Bottom