Place To Target Shoot A Crossbow in Slidell, LA???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSU007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Went to Honey Island Shooting Range, they plan to add an archery area but currently do not offer it. I anticipate my new crossbow in the mail tomorrow and am hoping to find a place to target shoot. I live in a regular neighborhood and don't have the yard space to shoot. ANY SUGGESTIONS!?!?

LSU007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Thanks Paul. Kens Bayou Archery only has a 15 yard range. Im looking to work up to a good 50-70 yards. Wonder if I would get arrested or harrassed for shooting a target in an open recreational field (soccer, football, baseball) with no one around!?!?

twentynine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ascension parish
    I responded to the other thread.

I think a 15 yard range is where you need to start. It would give you a good idea of the operation of your bow. Also allow you a few chances to cock it, shoot it and do it again. Once your settled at that range, then head on out for the longer stuff. I'm shooting 40 yards at my place, I don't believe I'll be taking shots any longer than that.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Not to mention Ken is a good coach (not that you need much with a crossbow) and is usually willing to help with any problems. Start there. Then go find a place in the woods.

I used to go out by the pearl river turn around. Just leave the broad heads home.

Top Bottom