Plane Crash on TV

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Who's watching?? I've been glued I admit it. Suspense is killing me wanting to see all the different POV's.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It's a show where they crash a plane for scientific purposes. With crash dummies, high speed video and all that. Can't remember what channel it's on!

midgetcatcher

Tactical Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Safest seat on a plane is in the tail section, from what I've always been told.

Thats pretty much what the research confirmed. Passengers in the rear of the plane sustained appx half the force than that of passengers in the front. The force estimated to have affected the rear passengers was that of a fender bender, and the entire cockpit of the plane ripped from the fuselage :eek3:....impressive!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I was scheduled to fly to Vegas for a big regional match about two weeks after that big L1011 crash at DFW in 1985, where only the folks in the very back survived. I managed to get my seat assignment moved to the very back, thinking I was smart to do so.

Three days before my departure, another airliner somewhere caught fire on take-off, and the wing fuel torched before the pilot could get the plane shut down and stopped.

Everyone aft of the wing was a crispy critter...

To add to that, the controlled crash the other night on tv was, well controlled! The trajectory on that plane was normal landing without speed. I doubt that most plane crashes are that smooth. In fact, if you are into goosebumping yourself, you can go to a website that has the final words (voice recorder transcripts), of the crews of MANY various air disasters around the world, and some of their impacts are not as controlled.

It's eerie stuff.

Top Bottom