Pluckers on bluebonnet in baton rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    So apparently pluckers sells their wings with a flavor called "fire in the hole". The deal is, they are supposed to be so hot, that if you eat 25 of them, the manager congratulates you and your picture goes on a "wall of flame". I just got home from eating there. The challenge isn't that bad. The servers we walking by wishing me luck, telling me they've never seen it before, blah blah blah. I told our server, after eating 27 of the wings that I was done. Not because they're hot, but because I was full. Do other people really have a hard time with spicy food in Baton Rouge?

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    There was a pretty full wall on the wall on Nicholson way back when I was there. I never did try it though. I usually do not have a problem with spicy foods though

ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    I looked when I was walking out tonight. The one on bluebonnet looked like I may be the 10'th or so. Not very many on their wall but not very few either.....

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    The fire in the hole is not spicy. It is insanely hot. If you did that without sweating, drooling, and crying, then kudos to you. I have personally seen many people fail. I got five one time to taste and only ate one.

ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    The fire in the hole is not spicy. It is insanely hot. If you did that without sweating, drooling, and crying, then kudos to you. I have personally seen many people fail. I got five one time to taste and only ate one.
    I did sweat, but no crying or drooling here.. the manager (gloria) was hot. Wifey wanted to bring her home. Lol.. i wish that couldve happened.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I. the manager (gloria) was hot. Wifey wanted to bring her home. Lol.. i wish that couldve happened.

130831979143.jpg

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    You should go to the beef jerky store in Baton Rouge by Bass Pro. They have this stuff called "The Source" that's some kind of concentrated hot sauce. They'll put a drop on a toothpick for you if you sign some consent forms and you can put it on your tongue. Not sure if there's a wall of fame but I saw someone do it and they were outside screaming from it burning so much.

I prefer food to be flavorful not hot. If I wanted to burn the hell out of my mouth I would just gargle with boiling water. I never understood the concept of eating something so hot that you can't taste anything or breathe without it burning. I agree with TomTerrific I like food to be spicy but just don't enjoy when something has so much red pepper in it that it's painful to eat.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    They got some good videos of people trying it on youtube

This one is the second hottest sauce (not the source because they were out)

Last edited:

crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    Best wings I've had have been from wing-it in st francisville. Those were spicy as all get out. The wings I got from pluckers were way under-sauced, and kinda bland. I ordered medium and was not impressed at all. BWW has been good to me every time I've gone. Never a complai t.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I ate at pluckers once and thought it was horrible. I wouldn't want my picture on the wall and I can see why it's a challenge to eat thier food. Maybe it was a off day or something but never gave them second chance. Too many good eat's in the area.

Top Bottom