Pmags and 22lr at Academy in Lafayette 1-9-13

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    Hey guys I just left the Ambassador Caffery Academy location and they have Pmags (limit 1 per person) and a ton of 22lr boxes. The guy in the gun dept. said that the 22lr would probably sell out before lunch. They had at least 100 boxes of 500 when I left.

They had some bulk 5.56 but after I got one the rest went before 8:01am. I believe they still have smaller box sizes of 5.56.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Jeez, that early?

Maybe I should be making a swing by the store before heading to work after dropping my boy off for kindergarten nearby. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I want one of those Winchester boxes of .22lr made of wood. I want to build the interior to use as a 'valet' to put on top of my dresser for all my collar stays, wristwatch, tie clip, and that kinda crap. Thought it'd be a neat project .... gotta do something to keep me sane :)

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Maybe I should be making a swing by the store before heading to work after dropping my boy off for kindergarten nearby. :rolleyes:

That's actually what I've done a couple times. I drive right past Academy, a couple times I've stopped in at 8:00 on the dot there's guys already waiting to get in. Nothing sold out that quick though, by the time I left 45 minutes later there was still plenty of PMags and all ammo.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    Yeah, I was just talking about the bulk boxes of 5.56. They only had three. I bought one and then two other people right behind me bought one. They still have the rest of the ammo and should have a bunch of Pmags left.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Damn, I have checked the Academy in Harahan everyday before 9 and I don't thnk they are getting anything. I keep hunting for some CCI .22lr.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Damn, I have checked the Academy in Harahan everyday before 9 and I don't thnk they are getting anything. I keep hunting for some CCI .22lr.

Yesterday Academy in Covington had probably 20 of the 375rd MiniMag boxes, as well as a few 1000rd boxes of the Win M22. If I swing in there again this week I may just scoop up whatever they have. I didn't know people were still having trouble finding it or I woulda.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Academy in Ambassador still has 40-50 pmags he said between $14-17. No rifles though... They had all calibers at Academy in Louisiana Avenue yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Do Academy stores all re-stock in the morning?

I know Wal Mart seems to do their stocking up from trucks in the late evening, around here, and Best Buy does it late at night, usually.

Is there consistency in the store's scheduling, or is it "whenever the truck shows up" ? Maybe it's different for Lafayette versus Covington, etc.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    Academy USUALLY gets trucks at night and will stock when the store is closed but if they do get a truck during the day they will stock it then.

I work right next door to the Academy that I went to. If anyone REALLY needs some .22lr I can leave work at any time. I will go back and get some for you and can ship it if you cover the shipping costs. PM me.

Last edited:

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Just left there with my one P-Mag. Looks like there's still another 12-20 hanging behind the counter. No more bulk Rem 22LR. Had 5k rds, sold out in hrs. Still have bulk boxes/cans of CCI though.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    The Slidell store got some 22lr and some Pmags in this morning. I picked up the rest of the 22lr for a buddy (minus two 50 round boxes for my son) and a single pmag. They had probably 10+ Pmags behind the counter when I left.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Does anybody know when the NOLA area stores get their deliveries? I thought I heard someone at Harahan say Sunday and Wednesday but have not seen any change in their inventory since before Xmas.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    Does anybody know when the NOLA area stores get their deliveries? I thought I heard someone at Harahan say Sunday and Wednesday but have not seen any change in their inventory since before Xmas.

None of their deliveries are scheduled. I was told from a worker that they get at least three trucks a week. There were no set days but if you call ahead they can tell you if they are expecting a truck or not.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I stopped by at 1230.....was able to purchase a couple with the help of a patient & friendly gentleman.

There was about 20 left behind the counter as far as I could tell.

Ammo all but gone except for the high performance hunting calibers. And even that is slim pickings. I was surprised to see a fair amount of .357 if anyone else needs any....I left ya a few boxes.

<<There is a better than average chance this post contains sarcasm>>

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Jeez, that early?

Honestly, I want one of those Winchester boxes of .22lr made of wood. I want to build the interior to use as a 'valet' to put on top of my dresser for all my collar stays, wristwatch, tie clip, and that kinda crap. Thought it'd be a neat project .... gotta do something to keep me sane :)

Got some at Walmart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

mmbroussard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Carencro, LA
    Academy on Ambassador in Lafayette is typically in the top three sales leaders for the entire chain and yes they typically receive three to five trucks a week.

peyton676

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Roads, LA
    I went to academy on veterans,they didnt have anything as of 12ish today.
    Jefferson gun has pmags for $44. Dnw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom