Police Encounter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtalbert

Deer Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Monroe
    I've been pulled over twice by west monroe PD for speeding. Both times I informed them I had a pistol in the truck. The first time the officer screamed "Get on the hood" he literally made me sprall out on my hood while he tried in vain to unload my revolver. He was so embarrassed he let me go without a ticket.
    The second time the officer simply removed my pistol until he was done writing me a ticket and handed both to me at the same time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Who told you that you had to show your CHP if you weren't. Carrying?

A friend of mine says a state trooper told him it is a crime not to. Sounds like BS to me, but I never researched it. To me, if I don't have my gun on me, I should not have to show my CCL. You don't have to show proof of car insurance if you are walking down the street.

But, I was not sure, and was a bit rattled after the wreck.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    A friend of mine says a state trooper told him it is a crime not to. Sounds like BS to me, but I never researched it. To me, if I don't have my gun on me, I should not have to show my CCL. You don't have to show proof of car insurance if you are walking down the street.

But, I was not sure, and was a bit rattled after the wreck.

That is the law some places, but I don't believe it is in LA (don't have my CCL)

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    So you believe that they pulled you over for no reason?

JR1572

Didntsay that. It was late at night they were looking for that guy it was out in the country and really no one else on the road other than my girlfriend. She passed by while he had me on the side of my truck I was talking to her the whole time with my Bluetooth in my ear

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Didntsay that. It was late at night they were looking for that guy it was out in the country and really no one else on the road other than my girlfriend. She passed by while he had me on the side of my truck I was talking to her the whole time with my Bluetooth in my ear

Ok.

JR1572

Wait, your answer was edited.

They were looking for someone who didn't match your description, yet you were pulled over.

Which one is it? They either:

A) Pulled you over just to be pricks

Or

B) Pulled over the slow moving vehicle that just so happened to be throwing papers.

I don't know about you, but when I worked the road on the nightshift it didn't take me long to remember what the paper throwers were driving in my assigned area. The driving combined with the paper being thrown from the vehicle would be a clue...

JR1572

Last edited:

Rebeldave

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Springfield la
    Charlie 12 thank god you weren't in the other LA they shoot your truck full of holes then ask you what you are doing throwing papers ooops wrong truck

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Ok.

JR1572

Wait, your answer was edited.

They were looking for someone who didn't match your description, yet you were pulled over.

Which one is it? They either:

A) Pulled you over just to be pricks

Or

B) Pulled over the slow moving vehicle that just so happened to be throwing papers.

I don't know about you, but when I worked the road on the nightshift it didn't take me long to remember what the paper throwers were driving in my assigned area. The driving combined with the paper being thrown from the vehicle would be a clue...

JR1572

So you're answering you questions with your own answers.

I was stopped because there was nobody else in the area at that time to stop is that hard for you to understand? It was late at night out in the country the only vehicles I saw was my girlfriend, one more LPSO unit and a Trooper.
    He knew pretty damn fast that I was the paper man that had just left our company and had only made one stop before he stopped me. I did not fit and of the discretion except the truck was a Ford. So instead of wasting mine and his time with the traffic stop he could have cut me loose and went and found the guy he was really looking for. Maybe he felt safe with me while the other Deputy and Trooper were looking.

When I heard it dispatched I told my girlfriend that if she saw a truck like that to let me know so I could call them and I was the one they stopped. I have NO problem with the stopped the only thing is he took too long to decide that I wasn't his man (and don't ask how long I didn't time it) He at least I know my weapon is not reported stolen glad to know BR Police Suppy sold me a new one.

And good for you if you knew what the paper people drove in your area. Only two do in my area that I know of and a couple Troopers.
    Most of the time I never see a LEO on the route they don't have many in the area.
    And we don't have to drive slow we can throw at regular speed. ;)

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Charlie 12 thank god you weren't in the other LA they shoot your truck full of holes then ask you what you are doing throwing papers ooops wrong truck

Dave remember the night years ago over by your area when the two units pulled a felony stop on Debbie? She had about 800 papers in the van and they wanted to know what she was doing. :rolleyes:
    They told her they had never seen her in there before. She told them I've been in there 365 nights a year for years where have you been.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    So you're answering you questions with your own answers.

I was stopped because there was nobody else in the area at that time to stop is that hard for you to understand? It was late at night out in the country the only vehicles I saw was my girlfriend, one more LPSO unit and a Trooper.
    He knew pretty damn fast that I was the paper man that had just left our company and had only made one stop before he stopped me. I did not fit and of the discretion except the truck was a Ford. So instead of wasting mine and his time with the traffic stop he could have cut me loose and went and found the guy he was really looking for. Maybe he felt safe with me while the other Deputy and Trooper were looking.

When I heard it dispatched I told my girlfriend that if she saw a truck like that to let me know so I could call them and I was the one they stopped. I have NO problem with the stopped the only thing is he took too long to decide that I wasn't his man (and don't ask how long I didn't time it) He at least I know my weapon is not reported stolen glad to know BR Police Suppy sold me a new one.

And good for you if you knew what the paper people drove in your area. Only two do in my area that I know of and a couple Troopers.
    Most of the time I never see a LEO on the route they don't have many in the area.
    And we don't have to drive slow we can throw at regular speed. ;)

You pointed out that he pulled you over because he was looking for a vehicle that was a different color than the vehicle that you're driving, but now it's because you were the only car on the road?

There's a big difference between blue and white.

Look I wasn't there, I'm just going by what you posted, and the story just seems silly.

JR1572

Rebeldave

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Springfield la
    You pointed out that he pulled you over because he was looking for a vehicle that was a different color than the vehicle that you're driving, but now it's because you were the only car on the road?

There's a big difference between blue and white.

Look I wasn't there, I'm just going by what you posted, and the story just seems silly.

JR1572
    I`ve got to jump in here some of the best trained in the world according to them in Calif. Couldn't tell the difference between a nissan and a Toyota forget the colors being wrong. Shot up the paper ladies and said oops. I think Charlie may be right that guy wanted to be where the action wasn`t

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I`ve got to jump in here some of the best trained in the world according to them in Calif. Couldn't tell the difference between a nissan and a Toyota forget the colors being wrong. Shot up the paper ladies and said oops. I think Charlie may be right that guy wanted to be where the action wasn`t

Why do you keep bringing up something that happened in California in a COMPLETELY different scenario. Maybe he thought he was suspicious, maybe he thought he was a suspect, but it is def not the same as the situation in California.

•MOTOR51•

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

So now the guy who pulled charlie12 only pulled him over so he wouldn't have to pull over the car he should pull over?

This is getting better by the minute.

JR1572

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Where do they say they are the best trained street cops in the world?

•MOTOR51•

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge

I never thought of this angle, but maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benh
    Top Bottom