Police opened fire on the vehicles in a case of mistaken identity

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirk70301

Jack of all trades
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Thibodaux , LA
    They were looking for a grey Nissan pickup with a luggage rack on the roof , what happened to lisence plate check before opening fire ? Not only one shooting but two mistaken shooting .

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I wonder if they used just handguns(Likely) is so, just how ineffective are handguns against occupants inside a vehicle?

All those holes and;
    One woman was shot once and the other woman twice; both were were expected to recover.

and Who the Frack was shooting the TAILGATE!?

:eek3:

130207-blue-truck-lapd-hmed-5p.photoblog600.jpg

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Unbelievable!! If you so scared that you will fire on any vehicle resembling the one you are looking for, you are in the wrong line of business. I think a safe job behind a fryer at McDonalds is more suiting. Well..... they might be afraid of getting robbed and shoot at random customers!

I truely hope these idiots are held accountable for their lack of judgement. One thing is for sure though, they won't have to deliver another paper ever again.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    They did it twice within a hour....... Someone needs to be relieved of command!
    Less than a half-hour later, cops fired on another vehicle in Torrance, just two blocks away from the first scene, NBCLosAngeles.com reported. No one was injured in that vehicle, which was similar to Dorner's truck, police said.
    You can't go around shooting up random Nissans.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    In some research I did recently, I found that in 11% of police shootings, the wrong guy is shot. It only happens in 2% of self defense shootings.

In fact, I was rather astonished by the much higher %age of mistakes made by LEO.

matt99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Shreveport
    Damn. If any of you drive 1/4ton trucks, look out!

If they are going to go around shooting random people in their vehicles, they need barrier blind ammo:eek3: Those women are lucky that they survived the scene, look at the back passenger side window!

On another note, if this happened to you, what would be the correct response???

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Wow- What a mess.

The sooner they take this guy out, the better for EVERYONE.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I wonder if they used just handguns(Likely) is so, just how ineffective are handguns against occupants inside a vehicle?

All those holes and;

and Who the Frack was shooting the TAILGATE!?

:eek3:

130207-blue-truck-lapd-hmed-5p.photoblog600.jpg

The poorly trained officers who were "pushing" and shooting low as poorly trained people are prone to do under stress. You get what you pay for. Pay cops more, train them better, recruit better, and less bad **** will happen. Continue to pay ****, gut training, and recruit retards and well...

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    The poorly trained officers who were "pushing" and shooting low as poorly trained people are prone to do under stress. You get what you pay for. Pay cops more, train them better, recruit better, and less bad **** will happen. Continue to pay ****, gut training, and recruit retards and well...

Well said!

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge

I agree. Also when you decide you need to expand a department's size quickly in order to put more "boots on the ground" and combat crime doesn't help either.

A well armed public does far more to stop street level petty crime in the end than any police department ever will in my opinion. Politicians don't agree so the quality of our officers go down while the crime rate gets higher.

I don't mean that as a put down towards officers.

Dave

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge

X1000

All the horrible police stories nation wide can be attributed to this.

I would even argue that the pay is not nearly as important the recruiting and training...NYC and Long Island cops make a metric ****-ton of money.

Nationwide however, cops are underpaid.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You get what you pay for. Pay cops more, train them better, recruit better, and less bad **** will happen. Continue to pay ****, gut training, and recruit retards and well...

I've been saying that for a long time. You can't pay them **** and expect **** hot.

Some of my family(LEO's) describe to me that their Departments barely allot a box of Training Ammo a month. Some say that's more than they get :eek4:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    X1000

All the horrible police stories nation wide can be attributed to this.

I would even argue that the pay is not nearly as important the recruiting and training...NYC and Long Island cops make a metric ****-ton of money.

Nationwide however, cops are underpaid.

No they really don't not when u factor in cost of living. I have a friend who's a cop in San Fran. His base is 110k a year. When he told me that I said he'll where is my app!?! The cheap houses in his 'hood are $900k. NYPD rookies make just over $25k base for their first 2 years. Try to find an apt in the city on that budget.

Top Bottom