Police opened fire on the vehicles in a case of mistaken identity

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Please don't shoot the paper man. If you do aim low.

stickers014_zps71eb53ac.jpg

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    i can't help but wonder how something like this would turn out in a different place.

Imagine....you are driving along....come upon a road block. cop tells you to back up. You comply. Your truck gets rammed from behind. Someone shoots at you. You return fire instinctively <you know you've done nothing wrong> ....and get hits on a cop that was trigger happy.

Are you wrong?

Wrong? I'd say you're in a life and death situation, wrong doesn't really apply anymore. Someone's trying very hard to Kill You, badge or no badge.

Now here's the real rub, you can get small on the floor boards and try to survive, or you can return fire and then EVERY cop in the vicinity lights your ass up.
    Would they be wrong for doing it? All they know is one of their brothers is getting shot up, by you. Did you ever see pictures of Bonnie and Clyde's car after the Feds caught them?
    I'm pretty sure your vehicle would resemble that If you returned fire. Survival probability less than optimal.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Wrong? I'd say you're in a life and death situation, wrong doesn't really apply anymore. Someone's trying very hard to Kill You, badge or no badge.

Now here's the real rub, you can get small on the floor boards and try to survive, or you can return fire and then EVERY cop in the vicinity lights your ass up.
    Would they be wrong for doing it? All they know is one of their brothers is getting shot up, by you. Did you ever see pictures of Bonnie and Clyde's car after the Feds caught them?
    I'm pretty sure your vehicle would resemble that If you returned fire. Survival probability less than optimal.
    good points to ponder. Both of you guys. When there are no set rules or law enforcement throws the rules out the window, then guns are drawn, somebody's gettin shot, most likely multiple times. Add to that, multiple LEOs feeling like prey. Well now it's anybody's guess how any routine traffic stop will play out.
    Shoot first and keep shooting is never gonna have a good outcome. In the situation described, i think Survival of an innocent would depend on fate more than anything else at that point. You could do all the right things and sit there hands visible and motionless and get shot to hell, or attempt to evade and get shot to hell, shoot back, shot to hell, run, shot, go fetal and soak up bullets til magazines go dry.
    If I owned anything resembling a pickup and lived there, I'd stay my ass at home

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    What does this say about the average LAPD street cop that they are so terrified of this guy?

I think it says a lot and none of it is good.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    What does this say about the average LAPD street cop that they are so terrified of this guy?

That their recruiting has slipped and that excessive and heavy handed Federal and "Community" Oversight, albeit some of it self inflicted, has neutered and rendered ineffective a once proud organization.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

That their recruiting has slipped and that excessive and heavy handed Federal and "Community" Oversight, albeit some of it self inflicted, has neutered and rendered ineffective a once proud organization.

Or that this scumbag killed brother LEOs and a LEO's daughter in his little personal war and that now all rules are out the window. They aren't trying to take this guy alive. Albeit, they made a mistake, a VERY BIG mistake and it (edit: almost) cost some civilian lives, but I think it shows that they aren't even trying to take him in. They thought the suspect was in the truck for whatever reason and they opened fire. They did not wait to see if he was armed much less make a positive ID.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Or that this scumbag killed brother LEOs and a LEO's daughter in his little personal war and that now all rules are out the window. They aren't trying to take this guy alive. Albeit, they made a mistake, a VERY BIG mistake and it cost some civilian lives, but I think it shows that they aren't even trying to take him in. They thought the suspect was in the truck for whatever reason and they opened fire. They did not wait to see if he was armed much less make a positive ID.

Did any of them die? :confused:

I haven't heard that....

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    With ammo being so scarce, the LAPD won't have any ammo to continue the manhunt if they keep shooting up random trucks

Wagon_Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    So will the assholes who did this be held accountable? Who wants to put money on it?

NOT A CHANCE. If you have read Dorners Manifesto you will see he has gone bat crap crazy. He does however bring up some serious problems with that PD. There is no way in hell he will ever see the inside of a courtroom. The case above tells you how trigger happy this dept is. They want him dead, and he will be,end of story.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    How nice of them.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/video/...olice-Shooting-Victims-Hire-Lawyers/190478091
    Delivery Women Shot in Torrance to Get New Truck Courtesy of LAPD

After their pickup truck was riddled with bullets in a case of mistaken identity during a frenzied manhunt, two newspaper delivery women will be getting a new truck courtesy of the Los Angeles Police Department, LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith said.

Chief Charlie Beck met with the women in their Torrance home Saturday to apologize and tell them he had arranged for someone to donate a new pickup truck, Smith said. The truck will be donated early this week.

Officers opened fire on Margie Carranza and her 71-year-old mother, Emma Hernandez, on Thursday while the pair was delivering the Los Angeles Times on Redbeam Avenue in Torrance.

Hernandez suffered two bullet wounds to the back. She was released from the intensive care unit and was recovering at home Saturday, her attorney Glen T. Jonas told NBC4. Carranza, 47, had minor injuries related to shattered glass and a wounded finger.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...Get-New-Truck-Courtesy-of-LAPD-190568921.html
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Police-Who-Shot-Women-Mistaken-ID-Leave-190413671.html

:)

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Good on the chief for giving her a truck while the issues are settled. That's a huge hit to anyone; to lose their primary means of transportation. While I'm quick to jump to the negative for the LAPD in how they're handling ****, that's a decent move. I'm sure it's something convenient for them like being able to give them a truck from forfeitures, impounds, or drug dealer confiscations, or at worst, a buddy of the chief gets a tax write-off for donating a car from his dealership or something. Regardless, he could have just as easily let it play out in court, and she'd be out transportation for the interim. Of course that'd likely be considered in court and maybe hurt the PD worse. /shrug

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Good on the chief for giving her a truck while the issues are settled. That's a huge hit to anyone; to lose their primary means of transportation. While I'm quick to jump to the negative for the LAPD in how they're handling ****, that's a decent move. I'm sure it's something convenient for them like being able to give them a truck from forfeitures, impounds, or drug dealer confiscations, or at worst, a buddy of the chief gets a tax write-off for donating a car from his dealership or something. Regardless, he could have just as easily let it play out in court, and she'd be out transportation for the interim. Of course that'd likely be considered in court and maybe hurt the PD worse. /shrug

She should just keep using the truck with the real bullet holes. She would be the envy of the hood, and then wouldn't need to be a poser with these:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So not only were they fired on due to mistaken identity- but last week the press reported them as being two Asian women. :doh:

No doubt about it- This guy has everyone seriously rattled....

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Emperor, Why do you insist on making so many threads/posts about "the hood" ?

I think you have an unhealthy obsession.

Why are you arbitrarily thinking I have disparaged anyone in particular? I will have you know, that the word "Hood", is short for neihborhood. And I have seen more fake bullet hole decals on white males' trucks than any other ethnic groups trucks.

Careful with that. You may be reading too much into this silliness?!? :kiss:

Top Bottom