Police Scanner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    It really depends on what you want/need. Baton Rouge has a trunked system, so you need one of the $500 ones. Non-trunked systems are a good bit cheaper.

Oh, Scanner Radio is another good ap. Baton Rouge isn't on there because nobody with a trunked scanner is providing a feed for it. :(

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    It's not like the old days. Got to know what your're doing and spend money now.

Those online apps are a joke.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Themcfarland, have you heard if GRE has been bought by anyone?? I was going to reply to the poster that a Radio Shack PRO-106 would be a good one, or a PSR-500 like the one I have also would work but remembered reading that GRE was going to be sold or go under. I guess a Bearcat 396T will work also. Frogman, if you want to hear any LE/Fire/EMS your gonna need a digital trunking scanner with APCO-25 capability. Your gonna be spending around 500 bucks for a decent one. As for that app don't know if JPSO or NOPD are on there or not. Up here in the BR area, Ascension, where I live is not offered and EBR sheriffs office and IIRC the City police aren't either. While its free, it doesn't offer much for me to listen to.
    If I had to get another scanner, it would be the latest Bearcat.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I just heard they will not be supported, I have not heard if anyone will buy them.. I know vendors are not ordering any.. Even the home patrol with the modified software is good for metro areas.. Its when you are in an area that is a fringe area does the better handhelds or even mobiles do wonders..

I have worked with both the t series and xt series unidens, and I will always prefer the xt series as they are MUCH better for ease of use and programming..

If anyone needs the xt file, or wants to play with my file, I will email it.. I have several hundred hours of monitoring to make it the best file possible.. and groomed it to be geared towards tactical,car to car, and unit to unit without the nonsense.. you can toggle off all the other stuff by the push of a button

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    It's not like the old days. Got to know what your're doing and spend money now.

Those online apps are a joke.

It actually depends. Those online apps are fed by local scanner feeds. In some areas, they work pretty good because someone is providing a good feed. EBR isn't one of those areas though.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I have been talking to someone who is sitting on bandwidth and has a tower, I just need to get a scanner I can live without it in my hands.. since it will be a remote location. We can provide real time tactical and whatever.. But I would not want to do it for just anyone.. I need to figure a way to have the person checked out or hold no hard signed or something..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom