Police Shooting...pretty much textbook... He should have told them about the gun...LO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Couple of small tactical follies, but otherwise job well done boys.

Probably a great example of why it is a good idea to tell the police if you have a gun in the car.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bvWBN0IQCc[/ame]

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Sometimes stupid kills.

But I'm sure that at some point in this case we heard that the deceased was "a good boy who never did nothing to nobody....he went to church every Sunday..."

I do not know the specifics of this case- but for $hits & giggles I'll ask the question: Why do you guys think they tried to hide the gun*???

EDIT: Just had a chance to watch the entire video...stolen goods, eh? What a surprise.

*think there's a teeny bit chance that one or both of them were convicted felons??:rolleyes:

Last edited:

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The only thing that jumped out at me was that the officer on the drivers side seemed pretty slow to draw his weapon, maybe fumbling with a retention holster? And he drew and pointed in with one hand, continuing to hold his clipboard in his left hand.

And I'm a little impressed that there was no sympathetic fire from him- he's a pretty cool cookie.

Seems like a pretty impressive hit ratio; 8 of 9.

And lastly, "He's got a blocked airway". Perhaps some lead in there?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Maybe it's because I've never been there or done that and I'm just a know-nothing computer geek but I really fail to see the correlation between a law abiding citizen telling a cop about a gun that is hidden and away from his paperwork and some guys going out of their way to hide a gun from a cop then grabbing the gun when he tries to get out of the car.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Well done, one less roach to feed!

As a side note, I would have hated to be the driver in that car with shots comming a foot away from you, push him out LOL!

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Another note - is it possible that the "victim" (using that term for identification purposes) could have thought the cop was talking to HIM and not the other cop when he said "reach in there and go ahead and get it?"

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Another note - is it possible that the "victim" (using that term for identification purposes) could have thought the cop was talking to HIM and not the other cop when he said "reach in there and go ahead and get it?"

Thats what I was sort of thinking. Because when I heard him say it, I was kind of wondering why he told the "victim" to grab the gun.

Warhawk83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    NE Louisiana
    Maybe it's because I've never been there or done that and I'm just a know-nothing computer geek but I really fail to see the correlation between a law abiding citizen telling a cop about a gun that is hidden and away from his paperwork and some guys going out of their way to hide a gun from a cop then grabbing the gun when he tries to get out of the car.

+1.

Oh yeah, I'm sure he had just turned his life around too.

Last edited:

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    8 out of 9 at that rate of fire is outstanding I think. How did he think he was going to win? It was just some stolen goods. Thieft vs. shooting a cop, hmmmm. Not too bright.

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    This my friends is a justified use of force. Glad the officers made it home to their families.

Top Bottom