Ponchatrain Gun Show Rant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    I have to say that this will be my last gun show I will attend here at the Ponchatrain Center.
    Everyone of these so called dealers should be charged with rape or attempted rape!
    The price gouging on EVERYTHING is stunning to say the least.

Here are some examples:

Not one AR under 1800 (550 gun tops)
    Not one AK under 1800
    PSA stripped lower 450!
    Double Star blem stripped lower
    450!
    Chrome BCG 400!
    Here is the mother or all rip offs: used stripped BCG 375!
    All mags 40 ea. minimum (no matter the condition)
    Ammo was a complete rectal exam!

I think Im going to start educating the general public on how to buy pieces online and save a ton!

The kicker is that most of the things I saw were things that didnt sell the last few shows, so these people are tryin to make 200-500% markup.

Absolute shame.i

ok, rant over

Last edited:

Chris88

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    St Charles Parish
    I have to say that this will be my last gun show I will attend here at the Ponchatrain Center.
    Everyone of these so called dealers should be charged with rape or attempted rape!
    The price gouging on EVERYTHING is stunning to say the least.

Here are some examples:

Not one AR under 1800 (550 gun tops)
    Not one AK under 1800
    PSA stripped lower 450!
    Double Star blem stripped lowering
    450!
    Chrome BCG 400!
    Here is the mother or all rip offs: used stripped BCG 375!
    All mags 40 ea. minimum (no matter the condition)
    Ammo was a complete rectal exam!

I think Im going to start educating the general public on how to buy pieces online and save a ton!

The kicker is that most of the things I saw were things that didnt sell the last few shows, so these people are tryin to make 200-500% markup.

Absolute shame.i

ok, rant over
    . + 1

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    There's a gun store here called Big Al's. He currently has PMags at $90. Needless to say I won't be spending money there after the scare...(not that I am now)...

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    The way I'm seeing it on most sites is these are the new prices.I spoke with a couple different sites.Apparently $329-$400 is going to be the new price for most lowers such as spikes,rra,olympic,etc..In fact CDNN has a stripped lowers in stock all day now for $499 each plus shipping and FFL.I knew when they went up ,that there was a very good chance they wouldn't go down much.Kinda like gasoline !!!

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    The way I'm seeing it on most sites is these are the new prices.I spoke with a couple different sites.Apparently $329-$400 is going to be the new price for most lowers such as spikes,rra,olympic,etc..In fact CDNN has a stripped lowers in stock all day now for $499 each plus shipping and FFL.I knew when they went up ,that there was a very good chance they wouldn't go down much.Kinda like gasoline !!!

i agree that there will be a new price on lowers. Aero Precision used to have a great dealer price well under the $100 that they retailed for. now those lowers are retailing for $200. the dealers that are selling lowers now must have had forgings or billet on hand, on order, or priced in advance b/c i think anything new coming out of the forge is going to be marked up and that mark up is going to passed on all the way to the consumer. even after this stupid bill gets shot down, we'll see high prices for a while.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Why do you people continue to be in denial and accuse people of gouging?

Apparently most of you complainers missed jr. high when they explained to you the theory of supply and demand.

Either pay the price OR STFU about it. These GOUGING RANT posts are getting old as hell.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Why do you people continue to be in denial and accuse people of gouging?

Apparently most of you complainers missed jr. high when they explained to you the theory of supply and demand.

Either pay the price OR STFU about it. These GOUGING RANT posts are getting old as hell.

Its called the 1st amendment bud, you must have missed 4th grade civics class.

I guess the thought of making everyone able to buy a "musket" in our in order to protect the republic falls along the way side in order to f**k the very people you will need when this so called SHTF crap I keep hearing about happens.

Which just proves, its all horse**** just to sell more arms at a higher price.

These people who are being priced out by these "cheaper than dirt" type vultures will look to the govt as support in the event something actually happens GOD forbid.

I dont need not one damn thing from any other these vendors. I have what I need, I just want to make sure others can get what they need.

I will educate the people who are firearms ignorant, to make sure they get what they want and need at the best price.

If that bothers some of you.... Thats your f**kin problem.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Its called the 1st amendment bud, you must have missed 4th grade civics class.

I guess the thought of making everyone able to buy a "musket" in our in order to protect the republic falls along the way side in order to f**k the very people you will need when this so called SHTF crap I keep hearing about happens.

Which just proves, its all horse**** just to sell more arms at a higher price.

These people who are being priced out by these "cheaper than dirt" type vultures will look to the govt as support in the event something actually happens GOD forbid.

I dont need not one damn thing from any other these vendors. I have what I need, I just want to make sure others can get what they need.

I will educate the people who are firearms ignorant, to make sure they get what they want and need at the best price.

If that bothers some of you.... Thats your f**kin problem.

The vendors either sell it at the current rate or sell it below market and have someone buy it and flip it. I know someone on this board that did someone a favor and sold them their first AR at a decent price, he flipped it for 3X what he paid for it. I have sold members stuff at below market price because I knew they really needed that item and were not going to flip it. If I don't know you from Adam, either we are trading market to market or pre panic to pre panic prices, either way is fair, cash can stay out of the equation. If you are walking the show at a gun show and I sell you some mags $15 cheaper than the tables and still make money who is getting harmed? I don't even care if you try to sell it again and get that $15 extra out of it. I even put an AR with 10 mags up for sale, I could care less if someone buys it, but if they do, great. I am not going to shoot it until the price of ammo comes down. Even though I have never paid about $.30 for a round of .223 ammo, what I have now will go for a $1 or more a round. It is not different than buying a house or buying stocks and selling them for more later.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    U mad?

I don't need anything either. I was smart enough to make hay while the sun was shining. As far as everyone else is concerned, if they didn't feel it a necessity before to own a gun, why so much now?

Why do I care if they get anything at a cheap price? No one was looking out for me when I was buying bullets and they were buying Playstations.

One once again Mr. Know it all, if there were enough supply, the PRICE WOULD COME DOWN. As long as there are people willing to pay what the sellers are asking, THE PRICE WILL NOT COME DOWN. There simply isn't enough supply to keep up with the demand in the market.

When all this hysteria wears off and distributors can actually get some stock, the PRICE WILL COME DOWN. Don't blame the one's selling for this mess.

You won't be educating anyone about much since its pretty obvious you are ignorant about how the world works, and have to use profanity to make up for your lack of intelligence.

As far as the 1st Amendment, it doesn't exist on Bayoushooter. You talk too much trash and you'll find that your account has been banned.

Have a nice day.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    U mad?

I don't need anything either. I was smart enough to make hay while the sun was shining. As far as everyone else is concerned, if they didn't feel it a necessity before to own a gun, why so much now?

Why do I care if they get anything at a cheap price? No one was looking out for me when I was buying bullets and they were buying Playstations.

One once again Mr. Know it all, if there were enough supply, the PRICE WOULD COME DOWN. As long as there are people willing to pay what the sellers are asking, THE PRICE WILL NOT COME DOWN. There simply isn't enough supply to keep up with the demand in the market.

When all this hysteria wears off and distributors can actually get some stock, the PRICE WILL COME DOWN. Don't blame the one's selling for this mess.

You won't be educating anyone about much since its pretty obvious you are ignorant about how the world works, and have to use profanity to make up for your lack of intelligence.

As far as the 1st Amendment, it doesn't exist on Bayoushooter. You talk too much trash and you'll find that your account has been banned.

Have a nice day.

I have no idea how the world works.

I guess being as old as I am, and having what I have just makes me just lucky, hahaha

O man, I love it when people on the web who have no clue who they are talking too or what they do for a living..call others ignorant! Lmfao.

Amazing hahahah!

I will end this back and forth between you and I only because I respect law enforcement.

It wasn't the intent of the post to get in a..... How can I say this without "offending" or seem more "ignorant"?!

Oh, getting in a urinating contest with you! How is that?!

Is that more intelligent speech?

I really could care less if I get "banned" geez, hahaha.

Anyway, we are all supposed to be on the same side.

I know all the DEMS are united.

I will have a nice, you do as we'll.

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I was thinking about going just so I could laugh in the faces of the people paying those prices.

It was fun doing so at the Gonzales show.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359324662.538532.jpg

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    What does it matter who you are and what you do for a living? Nobody is forcing people to go to the show and pay high prices, so I don't think it is rape. And I bet someone who as actually been raped would take offense to the comparison.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    If I didn't have any mags or ammo I'd be happy to pay those prices. But I planned ahead so I didn't have to pay a stupid tax.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom