Poplarville 3Gun and help?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzzworm

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Picayune Ms.
    Poplarville 3gun this Sunday. 4 stages. Bring ammo, water, sunblock. Know your zero out to 400 yds. MAYBE even 500!!:dogkeke:

Is anyone available to help set up a new prop Saturday afternoon? A bit too large for one person to handle. :eek3::rolleyes::rofl::mamoru:

Thanks.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Just talked to Joe on the phone, he did not sound drunk. I wish I could come play, nursing a broken shoulder blade and 2 broken ribs from the snow trip last week. And no, I was not on skies, a girl was on a runaway sled into the parking lot, went to grab her before she went underneath a work truck, she took my legs out, I went flying, then gravity took over. Landed on my shoulder then side. Hero now in pain !!!

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    Just talked to Joe on the phone, he did not sound drunk. I wish I could come play, nursing a broken shoulder blade and 2 broken ribs from the snow trip last week. And no, I was not on skies, a girl was on a runaway sled into the parking lot, went to grab her before she went underneath a work truck, she took my legs out, I went flying, then gravity took over. Landed on my shoulder then side. Hero now in pain !!!

Ohhhh snap! (literally)
    You should never try that stuff without your cape.
    Feel better.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Bill, Well at least my Shillen Select Match Barrel will be here this weekend in .260 Rem for the Savage, maybe I can get a hand to get it mounted and torqued, was hoping to shoot next Sat's Precision Match with my daughter, she is going to shoot the AR in .223, do not know if I will be able to lay down prone

FISHSTICKER

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    French Settlement
    I am working on getting the necessary gear to come enjoy some 3GUN with you guys. I have a few questions.

My shotgun has an extension tube and will hold 10 2 ¾ shells. On a typical stage how many shotgun rounds should I expect to shoot?

Do you guys shoot a mix of bird shot / slug and buck shot or just bird shot? If you shoot all three how many rounds of each do you recommend I bring?

How many rounds of rifle do you typically shoot on a stage? How many 30 round mags would you recommend I be capable of carrying on a typical stage?

Same question for pistol. If I understand correctly I can load my XDM 40 mags to their full 16 round capacity. How many mags should I carry on a typical stage?

Thanks in advance for your responses. I appreciate your time.

Oh, and my AR is wearing a 1-4 Leupold. So………that puts me in the Tactical Optics Division I believe, do you think that’s a good magnification choice? What size / type targets are you guys shooting at the longer 300 / 400 and further positions?

FishingFool

Calls the shot
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Metairie
    Will be there. I've got 2 cans of propane left but hardly anything left in the fridge so BYOM.

Fishsticker: just show up with what you got. It sounds like your pretty good on gear. My belt carries 2 extra pistol mags and 2 extra rifle mags and that is more than enough.

buzzworm

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Picayune Ms.
    'm in, but I cant get up there on Saturday. Sorry Buzz.

No problem.

Fishsticker, have you shot a 3gun match before? if not, it might help you to come out and watch one before shooting it. You can start with 9 rds in your shotgun at the buzzer, 1-4 should work fine, bring a few buckshot just in case, no divisions at this time, "run what ya brung" other than race guns (no open)
    Just let us know if you have any more ???

FISHSTICKER

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    French Settlement
    Thanks for the answers.

Only remaining question is how many shotgun rounds would an average stage require? I know there is likely a large variation............is 9 rounds in the gun plus 8 on my belt going to do the job?

No I have never shot a 3 gun match before, but it wont be long now. I have shot a few pistol matches in the last few months.

Thanks again for the help.

Eddie.

Top Bottom