Poplarville Hee Hee Hee!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzzworm

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Picayune Ms.
    Found what I've been looking for up there for several years now. I THINK I found a way to go 400 yds. Found a place to shoot from approx. 130 yds BEHIND the roof top. Will take a little work, some minor limb trimming and a bit of shovel work, but should be doable.

Actually, I have a call in to the hunting club to see if they are clear this Saturday so we can get some work done. I know it's short notice, but can't be helped this week. Stay tuned.

Nevermind, they have a field trial Saturday. Maybe next week.

Last edited:

buzzworm

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Picayune Ms.
    I ran out of daylight before getting a distance reading, but hope to try it out Sunday. It will be like threading a needle, but if it works, we'll at least be able to get some decent practice in.
    Later.

buzzworm

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Picayune Ms.
    We can get 435-450, IF I measured it right today. (couldn't find my GPS, or we would know exactly) Didn't get a chance to shoot it, but set a target out and cleared some brush. Need 2 small trees cut down (limbs) and we should be good to go. Should be able to set targets at around 150, 2-260, 300, and 4-450ish.

Let's see how much we like it after we shoot it.

buzzworm

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Picayune Ms.
    Were are we shooting from, the ground, or another roof structure?

Right now I plan to shoot from the ground, on the crest of a hill. There is a tree or two you MIGHT lean on. Later???

I plan to put larger "flags" on the furthest target, but we will still need a good spotter with glass calling hits in each squad.

I hope to get the limbs out of the way Saturday. (actually, I think we can shoot it as is, but want to be sure) Anyone that has some free time and wants to help let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom