Possible Army imposter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If you military guys can give some advice I would appreciate it. A coworker of my wife and friend of the family, met a guy online and I believe he is full of sh%$. She has only seen pics he has sent and they have been "dating" for about 4 months. They talk on the phone every day and last week he was scheduled for leave & suppose to come to visit and he said his convoy was attacked and six were killed and he was injured and needed to have surgery etc. I call BS from the get go and she doesnt want to hear it. He said he is Army Special Forces and can't give alot of detailed info, he said he had to buy a secure special phone and when he makes a call it has to come up as blocked. His "boss" calls her to give her updates when he cannot, and his boss is suppose to be a marine general. This guy has a British accent and is from Ohio! She said he hasn't asked for $ but I'm don't really know, is there any way we can verify his story or see if this guy is legit? I have his name and DOB as well as the "marine general". I know this sounds silly and a load of BS to you guys as well but she is a good friend and a great sweet person with enough problems (child with life threatening med problem) of her on to be led on by a POS. Thanks guys

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    So I found two guys with the name he sent. One in CO and one in SC. Neither is SF, one is a recruiter the other an engineer.

I have a plan that should catch this guy red handed. Have her confront him about him not being on AKO somehow. I'm sure he'll say something to the effect of "because I'm SF and classified blah blah blah I'm not on AKO." Well, then tell her that he didn't show up on SFID (Special Forces Information Database) either, which can only be viewed by someone with security clearance. If he makes an excuse for that, then she knows for sure he is full of ****. There's no such thing as SFID, I just made it up.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    give me his name and I'll look him up on AKO. sounds pretty fake. I guess most folks would say whatever to get the attention of a girl. too bad that Stolen Valor thing got shot down.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Really, what marine general has time to make updates for his underlings and their love lives. More like a Moron general or general moron.

BINGO!

Most women are lonely and extended themselves, either on time (full time working mommy) or money or both. The best thing that needs to happen to her is a friend pulling her away from her responsibilities and flinging her into society. Join the Junior League, a women's church group, something, anything. Meeting people, making new friends as hard as it is (and this is where a current friend would be good at holding her hand the first few times), and building her self confidence is probably the only way she's going to escape this without being taken advantage of.

Stop trying to rationalize it. Just get her out of the house, away from the computer and into life. The rest should take care of itself.

Just my stray two cents.

Just finished reading your post. I'm sorry, I was quick on the draw. She sounds extremely stressed, as any mom would be. She's probably exhausted. Fantasy is easy, he's building it for her without any work on her part. She probably doesn't even recognize it. I still think she needs to decompress away from responsibilities on a semi-regular basis. Men hit up women when they're at their lowest. She sounds like she's pretty low. Bless her. Keep us updated. I hope you nail the *******. :(

Last edited:

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but a "Marine General" wouldn't even be in the same unit as a Army SF guy,....? That just screams ******** to me.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    While there is some occassional branch to branch comingling, this is total ********. The guy is a liar. Dig up as much info on the piece of **** as possible and burn the dogshit out of him.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but a "Marine General" wouldn't even be in the same unit as a Army SF guy,....? That just screams ******** to me./QUOTE]

still seems like BS to me but the ISAF(International Security Force) Commander is a Marine General, General John Allen.

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    PM me his info and I'll run it as I am MI6 and I am G14 classified. I don't mind, but it might take me a while because the other night when I was leaving Taco Hell, my car broke down and I was stranded for 2 days and I'm currently catching up on reruns of Fear Factor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom