Possible problem with neighbors

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    No, It's not all that long ago when we had open range in this state,Well at least on the west side of the state.
    East side..not so much, It however was in good taste to ask permission from the land owner.
    I had one old land owner that we ask permission to hunt his back 160 acre's, His reply..Shoot all the damn crow's you can and your welcome back if you do..

Nice story

Notice her finger placement ? Old gal may just know what she's doing !

nice strawman

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    See the parish the OP is from ?
    Also the one's that are above and below Vernon, Private land owner's owned most of the frontage acre's that bordered the road's.
    Most of the time you would cross private property to get to the state and timber company owned hardwood bottom's.
    This land was not hunting club's but open range until the mid 1980's,That's when everything changed and was leased up.
    Leased land changed the way we hunted from then to now, Most sit in a box.
    Back in the early 80's we would walk up the deer, Find were it's bedded down,Go back early the next day and wait for a shot.

Nice story

nice strawman

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    So what laws has she broken? Criminal trespass? Would law enforcement involvement be the best action so emotions don't run rampant.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Gator, how in the world do you see it as ok for her to shoot on his land without his permission AFTER she called the law on him for shooting on HIS land???? Did you miss some of the story?

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    She did not make it to the backstop to shoot because there is another game cam before the backstop at the camper, and she did not show up on it. She came and went from the entrance. Probably 80yds into the property. This is my brother's thread.

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    Put up a couple more game cameras (than can be easily seen) so that the existing game cameras will be in range to take pics/videos. If she shows up again she might steel them and you can get her on theft too.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Cover your ass. Call the pd and file a report. You can pursue charges if you want or not but at least get it documented.

^ THIS

This all might be a big misunderstanding and will blow over. But it might not. It would behoove you to get a police repot to have a documented record of these events.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I can see that you city boy's will end up with your crap burnt to the ground, I missed nothing, I'm from up there,
    These redbone's can be your good friend's or if you pull petty crap on them, They will burn you out.
    These people have been going where they want to go for year's.
    Beside's this thread is not about me,I don't wish to see the O.P. loose his camper.

Gator, how in the world do you see it as ok for her to shoot on his land without his permission AFTER she called the law on him for shooting on HIS land???? Did you miss some of the story?

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    I like the idea of inviting them over to shoot. Talk about about the game cam pic and make it clear that you'd appreciate a heads up if she sees the need to walk around you land or shoot at your back stop. The other actions people have give. Can still be taken if things don't work out.

You might actually end up having a good relationship with your neighbors. I think that's worth a shot.

dustyk70

Shamed Liberty
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Leesville, La./ Morocco
    I have only had one "personal" experience with these neighbors. We had the land for about a year and my daughter was riding the golf cart around on MY land and she stopped my daughter from the road. She asked my daughter what she was doing there. My daughter told her that her parents were on the land. The lady told her to go get us. My daughter came to get us. I went to the road and she was already on the cell phone with the sheriff's dept.. She asked me if this was our land, I told her that I was. She told the sheriff dept. nevermind and hung up with them. She told me "sternly" that someone had been on thier land. I told her that it wasn't us and she agreed. That is the kind of people that I am going to have to deal with here. SOOOO, I don't really know what to do here. She wasn't crossing my land she was just plain ol' Tresspassing. She wasn't shooting at my backstop. I am afraid that this could get nasty if I call the P.D.. I am away for 28 says every other month so I can't rely on being there all the time. I would like to find out if she was looking for a dog or something like that. And I wouldn't have a problem with that kind of thing, Contrary to popular belief, I am not an *******.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I can see that you city boy's will end up with your crap burnt to the ground, I missed nothing, I'm from up there,
    These redbone's can be your good friend's or if you pull petty crap on them, They will burn you out.
    These people have been going where they want to go for year's.
    Beside's this thread is not about me,I don't wish to see the O.P. loose his camper.
    Her **** is flammable too .

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    While it is trespassing, illegal and annoying take a step back and think about everything being said on this thread. Then go over to other sites like "BayouBucks" or 'LouisianaSportsman" and search for Trespassing and see that everyone has had an encounter like this on their land that they currently do not live on. The people that live next door or near have been using that land before you owned it and probably had a unspoken trust with the previous owner to access the property. When you're not there, they can make it hell on you and being in small towns, the law seems to not be on your side.

I'm in favor of the suggestion of inviting them over to utilize your range or some other way to "break bread" with them and bring it up in conversation that you have game cameras watching for wildlife and caught them on the camera. No finger pointing, no allegations or "fighting words" need to take place. Maybe best case scenario is that she was just taking a walk, keeps a firearm as protection and was just being neighborly by checking in on your property for you. Keep them on your good side, because as said, file a report and prosecute and they can/will make your life hell there. In time if you feel like they're abusing your hospitality or are getting paranoid you should mention it that you would like to have your privacy and not have anyone come on your property without being notified or asked first.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Hey man, If you go visit the O.P. Good Luck and everything, The Sabine goes all the way to the Gulf.

Post # 34 and #37 Show's that these men have common sense when dealing with people.

Wish the O.P. the best, Old gal may have been after a yote' ? Hope he post's back when he has a solid story.

When it gets to that point , it ain't home anymore . Get even , then get out .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom